Unanswered topics Active topics

Single din pioneer head unit frame

Civic model year 2000 -2005
c0c0nUt
4000rpm
4000rpm

Single din pioneer head unit frame

Post by c0c0nUt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Im runing on a double din pioneer CD player. not dvd. model i dont know. but its abit sot sot. always sot then I have to pull out the entire console to unplug and replug then can use again.

I am thinking of getting a single din unit. Hence, thinking of buying the single din frame then DIY change myself. I bot my double din frame when installing this head unit at Chuan Sing and it cost me $35 if remember correctly. If I can get it else where then will try to DIY change myself cos workshop charge $30 at least to change one single din headunit.

Thanks bros~! :lol:

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:42 am

try Sungei Road open air shopping for pre-owned things... if you lucky can find what you need for SGD$2 or even SGD$1

:lol:

dun dress too well tho... the seller may look at your clothing to charge you accordingly...

bargaining is welcome there, but please if SGD$2 was offer price, dun haggle for a 50% discount... or 25% discount.. it is already very very cheep leow if item is in good condition...

do beware, the shopping closes after sundown, and if rain, likely they won't open either...

happy shopping!!!

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

kiat223
1000rpm
1000rpm

Re: Single din pioneer head unit frame

Post by kiat223 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 am

c0c0nUt wrote:Im runing on a double din pioneer CD player. not dvd. model i dont know. but its abit sot sot. always sot then I have to pull out the entire console to unplug and replug then can use again.

Thanks bros~! :lol:
Thinking of pulling out my head unit as well....

any special equipment needed? or just simple screw driver and pure brute force?

Mine is a Double Din Pioneer DVD, siow siow liao, open already cannot close, must use brute force to close the screen, thinking of sending down to Pioneer to take a look. Contacted pioneer, they say to take a look is $10.70, but they dun take out for you, I must dismantle it myself.