Unanswered topics Active topics

wheel offset too much

Strictly tyres and rims talk
trugy
5000rpm
5000rpm

wheel offset too much

Post by trugy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 am

I heard that we can shave off the rims offset if it has risk of hitting the outside fenders. Anybody here have experience and knowledge on this? Any workshop good enough for this job? :shock:
It is obviously poisonous.... yet I chose to jump in....

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: wheel offset too much

Post by sash7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 pm

trugy wrote:I heard that we can shave off the rims offset if it has risk of hitting the outside fenders. Anybody here have experience and knowledge on this? Any workshop good enough for this job? :shock:
Bro, dun mind me asking.. Wats is shave off? If yr existing rim hit the fender juz roll them which most likely be able to solve yr problem rather then doing something to the rims itself. If u haven't buy yr rim.. Juz select a suitable offset so yr rim won't brush against the fender. Usually the smaller no. In offset means the rim is protuding out more.

trugy
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: wheel offset too much

Post by trugy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:21 pm

sash7 wrote:
trugy wrote:I heard that we can shave off the rims offset if it has risk of hitting the outside fenders. Anybody here have experience and knowledge on this? Any workshop good enough for this job? :shock:
Bro, dun mind me asking.. Wats is shave off? If yr existing rim hit the fender juz roll them which most likely be able to solve yr problem rather then doing something to the rims itself. If u haven't buy yr rim.. Juz select a suitable offset so yr rim won't brush against the fender. Usually the smaller no. In offset means the rim is protuding out more.
Yo bro. Shaving off is trimming the offset inside the rims centre surface. It can be done with proper machinery and expertise. But usually only a few mm depending on the rims and vehicle structure.
Your turn to explain bro. What u mean by rolling? Actually my rims haven't hit the fender yet. I reckon it will, if fully loaded and running thru big humps cos the wheel already exceed the fender margin due to the offset and rims width. Anyway rims already bought so no other way out.
Thinking of installing spring stiffener or worse, change to adjustable coilover.

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by sash7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Sorry.. Didn't make myself clear... Wat I meant is roll fender which IMO is a better solution. Mine car stock was having a 60 offset... but I change to 40offset rim n bigger width.. Under full load the tire actually rub against my fenders. So I roll all my fenders, and now it doesn't rub anymore.

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by AlanZ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

sash7 wrote:Sorry.. Didn't make myself clear... Wat I meant is roll fender which IMO is a better solution. Mine car stock was having a 60 offset... but I change to 40offset rim n bigger width.. Under full load the tire actually rub against my fenders. So I roll all my fenders, and now it doesn't rub anymore.
Doesnt rub even in cornering ar?

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by sash7 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi bro, b4 I roll the fender.. Under hard corner it does rubbed against the fender... Then carry full load also rub... So I went to roll fenders for both front n back.. Now no problem for front n back, I also added a front camber bolt to adj the front camber to have abit of negative setting. :)

trugy
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by trugy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm

sash7 wrote:Sorry.. Didn't make myself clear... Wat I meant is roll fender which IMO is a better solution. Mine car stock was having a 60 offset... but I change to 40offset rim n bigger width.. Under full load the tire actually rub against my fenders. So I roll all my fenders, and now it doesn't rub anymore.
Sorry bro. I cannot visualise how fender can be roll..... :cry:
Got picture to show? pardon my ignorant...

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by sash7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm

trugy wrote:
Sorry bro. I cannot visualise how fender can be roll..... :cry:
Got picture to show? pardon my ignorant...
Bro, basically they have a equipment which they attached to yr wheel hub and roll within the internal of the fender n thus pushing the fender out. For front the ws I went they adj my "banana leaf" inwards to prevent scrapping it plus I added a front camber bolt to adj the wheel in (negative setting).

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by AlanZ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 am

sash7 wrote:Hi bro, b4 I roll the fender.. Under hard corner it does rubbed against the fender... Then carry full load also rub... So I went to roll fenders for both front n back.. Now no problem for front n back, I also added a front camber bolt to adj the front camber to have abit of negative setting. :)
Hmmm.. I experience rubbing also after i changed my tyres. didnt wanted to raise my ride height so intended to roll fender. But the guy doin it advised me that may not solve the problem as my tyres will still be out during turning. I am currently on -1.5 camber. Any advise?

trugy
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by trugy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 am

which workshop provide this fender rolling service? perhaps i will pop by to find out. cost?

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by sash7 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 pm

AlanZ wrote:
sash7 wrote:Hi bro, b4 I roll the fender.. Under hard corner it does rubbed against the fender... Then carry full load also rub... So I went to roll fenders for both front n back.. Now no problem for front n back, I also added a front camber bolt to adj the front camber to have abit of negative setting. :)
Hmmm.. I experience rubbing also after i changed my tyres. didnt wanted to raise my ride height so intended to roll fender. But the guy doin it advised me that may not solve the problem as my tyres will still be out during turning. I am currently on -1.5 camber. Any advise?
hi bro, u change yr tire size? i think u should get few more opinion from othes WS b4 u decide what other options u have. i think for my case was quite easy to solve. my frd had such problem.. in the end,he changed the profile of the tires from 215 to 205/17/45 after checking with various ws. hope it helps.

sash7
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by sash7 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 pm

trugy wrote:which workshop provide this fender rolling service? perhaps i will pop by to find out. cost?
hi bro, the ws i went is lye design. i think u do a search in shc forum... u can find their address... i dun have it on hand now. good luck.
cheers

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 pm

sash7 wrote:
trugy wrote:which workshop provide this fender rolling service? perhaps i will pop by to find out. cost?
hi bro, the ws i went is lye design. i think u do a search in shc forum... u can find their address... i dun have it on hand now. good luck.
cheers
AMK Autopoint 4th floor. Turn in first shop on your left. :wink:

def71
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by def71 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

Alvinyzw wrote:
sash7 wrote:
cheers
Very nice photo, kinda like movie poster or from magazine. :D

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 pm

def71 wrote:
Alvinyzw wrote:
sash7 wrote: hi bro, the ws i went is lye design. i think u do a search in shc forum... u can find their address... i dun have it on hand now. good luck.
cheers
Very nice photo, kinda like movie poster or from magazine. :D
Thank you.