Unanswered topics Active topics

leaking engine oil

Home Of The CrossroadeRs
LIM CHARN FA
2000rpm
2000rpm

leaking engine oil

Post by LIM CHARN FA » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:33 pm

has anyone encounter this problem? discovered it while doing my servicing, was told might be leaking from crankshaft gasket. my ride is just slightly over a year and it happen......going in to fix this sat at khangs @ sin min....will up date once done

LIM CHARN FA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: leaking engine oil

Post by LIM CHARN FA » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:27 am

LIM CHARN FA wrote:has anyone encounter this problem? discovered it while doing my servicing, was told might be leaking from crankshaft gasket. my ride is just slightly over a year and it happen......going in to fix this sat at khangs @ sin min....will up date once done
finish my repair abt last week.....no more leak from the crank shaft but found yesterday leaking from gear box gasket, when check the transmission oil level, it was at low level.,.....wah dam lucky'....... :( , have to leave the car there for abt 1 wk. also saw a xroad in there for servicing, so kah po and take a look at the undercarraige.....suprised to saw oil leaking at the same area as mine ....the gear box side.....was trying to look for the owner but cant find him....i noticed thwt the technician there saw the leak, did some check and carried on his normal servicing...not sure if got inform the owner or not....just to share with all

snowmanyee
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by snowmanyee » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:08 am

wa so scary?? going for my servicing soon too.. where exactly the place that leaks?

LIM CHARN FA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by LIM CHARN FA » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:48 pm

snowmanyee wrote:wa so scary?? going for my servicing soon too.. where exactly the place that leaks?
not sure the exact location of leak, cos cant see it......but can see the leak under the engine when they hoist the car up

frenzs
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by frenzs » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

LIM CHARN FA wrote:
snowmanyee wrote:wa so scary?? going for my servicing soon too.. where exactly the place that leaks?
not sure the exact location of leak, cos cant see it......but can see the leak under the engine when they hoist the car up
I just went for servicing yesterday at the same shop. Told them about the leak being mentioned in our forum and asked them to check. Also found a leak. Looks very minor but was noted by them and will be going back next Tuesday to get it recitified (was told 3 hrs job). Not sure if it's the same spot coz one says 'gearbox', another says crank something right hand side. Hope they are right both about the spot. Also I wonder if they will check if I never ask them to in the first place cos the spot is like the front, underneath and they need to remove a cover to see the leak. They checked and says is under warranty, replacement is free.

Did you have to pay for anything like oil replacement? Thanks.

LIM CHARN FA
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by LIM CHARN FA » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 pm

frenzs wrote:
LIM CHARN FA wrote:
I just went for servicing yesterday at the same shop. Told them about the leak being mentioned in our forum and asked them to check. Also found a leak. Looks very minor but was noted by them and will be going back next Tuesday to get it recitified (was told 3 hrs job). Not sure if it's the same spot coz one says 'gearbox', another says crank something right hand side. Hope they are right both about the spot. Also I wonder if they will check if I never ask them to in the first place cos the spot is like the front, underneath and they need to remove a cover to see the leak. They checked and says is under warranty, replacement is free.

Did you have to pay for anything like oil replacement? Thanks.
no did not have to pay anyhting....but its the hassel of not able to use the car....my work place at tuas....woke up at 5am for a week......if its the crankshaft pully(right side)then only take abt 1 day...if its the gear box side(left side) then must leave the car.....

frenzs
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by frenzs » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm

LIM CHARN FA wrote:no did not have to pay anyhting....but its the hassel of not able to use the car....my work place at tuas....woke up at 5am for a week......if its the crankshaft pully(right side)then only take abt 1 day...if its the gear box side(left side) then must leave the car.....
Thanks for the information.

frenzs
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by frenzs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:22 am

Just to share the leak is repaired FOC. About 3.5hrs work but do drive to test it out if yours involved taking out the CV joints to access the leak area. What happened was mine did not sit in properly after putting it back causing some wobbling at above 50kph. Lucky din speed if not the thing drop off will cause bad accident. The shop was apologetic and got someone to rectify on the spot. It was supposed to be chck by the supervisor after the repair but somehow it was not. Fyi.

mike tanlh
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mike tanlh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:19 am

frenzs wrote:Just to share the leak is repaired FOC. About 3.5hrs work but do drive to test it out if yours involved taking out the CV joints to access the leak area. What happened was mine did not sit in properly after putting it back causing some wobbling at above 50kph. Lucky din speed if not the thing drop off will cause bad accident. The shop was apologetic and got someone to rectify on the spot. It was supposed to be chck by the supervisor after the repair but somehow it was not. Fyi.

ya, lucky u didt speed, if not ur wife will lose a good hOusEband, and we will lose a good frIenzsD :oops:

Junjie
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Junjie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 pm

anyone still have this problem?

frenzs
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by frenzs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

IMPORTANT!

Went for my servicing on Mon, 07 Oct 2009 and also report about the gear sometimes not able to change automatically. Guess what.....is the same spot leaking.
Was told is common for crossroad. So if you experienced gear change problems, better to get it check! Fyi all and have a nice weekend =)

neonleon
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by neonleon » Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 am

Did my own regular inspection on left drive shaft last week & found minor leak on left side of crank/gear box. It was not dripping per se but you can see the outer side inner CV joint case next to the crank/gear box coated with a layer of oil & the surrounding sprayed with it due to rotation of driveshaft.
The color doesnt look ATF Transmission pink but more of engine oil golden brown.

Anyone knows if the crank shaft case use part of ATF or has it's own oil?

Will try to take pictures & trace the source of leak.

There was no apparent loss of engine or ATF level.

neonleon
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by neonleon » Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 am

Transmission seal to drive shaft needs replacement.

frenzs
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by frenzs » Sat May 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Mmm....if you did an oil change not too long after this photo wss taken, it looks like engine oil. I assumed that is the oil filter I am looking at coated with oil. Good luck with your trace and resolution.

neonleon
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by neonleon » Mon May 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Not oil filer.
Thats where the inner drive shaft Insert. Call Hub or cup?
Not transmission oil so i am thinking maybe not transmission oil seal problem. Maybe somewhere higher leaking. But hard to check.
Removed whole air box and throttle body yesterday to check. No leak. Buy took the opportunity to clean the air box n throttle body.

That means i need to buy a small mirror and do the non favorable crawl under car checks... Update agan.[/list]