Unanswered topics Active topics

08 Fit fuel consumption

Fit / Jazz model year 2008 onwards
Post Reply
User avatar
AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by AlanZ » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:02 pm

kef529 wrote:oh ic ic. pai sey for being so ignorant. i'm a noob... The music we listen to plays a huge part. Whenever i listen to fast songs my temper become short. Now listening to opera to control my temper. It really works!
Ya.. true true..
I listen to "high society" albums. quite nice
Image

User avatar
wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by wilswong » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:20 pm

AlanZ wrote:
kef529 wrote:oh ic ic. pai sey for being so ignorant. i'm a noob... The music we listen to plays a huge part. Whenever i listen to fast songs my temper become short. Now listening to opera to control my temper. It really works!
Ya.. true true..
I listen to "high society" albums. quite nice
High society = high price..

maybe one day we do a music swap with each other?

User avatar
AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by AlanZ » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 am

wilswong wrote:
AlanZ wrote:
kef529 wrote:oh ic ic. pai sey for being so ignorant. i'm a noob... The music we listen to plays a huge part. Whenever i listen to fast songs my temper become short. Now listening to opera to control my temper. It really works!
Ya.. true true..
I listen to "high society" albums. quite nice
High society = high price..

maybe one day we do a music swap with each other?
Mine all in disc la... But if wan burn then ok lor
Image

User avatar
wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by wilswong » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:32 am

OT...Onz....i dun mind waiting for the ripping...hehehhe...

ronaldlsh
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by ronaldlsh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Just got my Fit G/F last week with 15" rims.

I was able to achieve only 12km/litre for the first tank. My RPM was kept within 2000 almost all the time. 2500 only when i overtake or going upslope. It never hit 3000 as well.

I also took my time to accelarate.

Is there something wrong with my car?? I bought the car becos of the FC. 12km/litre is definitely not acceptable.

:(

Can someone help me up?

User avatar
wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!
Posts: 14694
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: North Wanderer

Post by wpyeo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:09 pm

ronaldlsh wrote:Just got my Fit G/F last week with 15" rims.

I was able to achieve only 12km/litre for the first tank. My RPM was kept within 2000 almost all the time. 2500 only when i overtake or going upslope. It never hit 3000 as well.

I also took my time to accelarate.

Is there something wrong with my car?? I bought the car becos of the FC. 12km/litre is definitely not acceptable.

:(

Can someone help me up?
u just got ur ride? not run in yet? if so, do a oil change and ur ride will feel more responsive.. FC will be slightly better.
ImageImage

User avatar
AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by AlanZ » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:15 am

ronaldlsh wrote:Just got my Fit G/F last week with 15" rims.

I was able to achieve only 12km/litre for the first tank. My RPM was kept within 2000 almost all the time. 2500 only when i overtake or going upslope. It never hit 3000 as well.

I also took my time to accelarate.

Is there something wrong with my car?? I bought the car becos of the FC. 12km/litre is definitely not acceptable.

:(

Can someone help me up?
Do u do alot of start n stop driving?
Image

LTC
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by LTC » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:37 am

mine is new jazz around 14 to 15, fuel is 98 or Vpower. but now i switch to 95 since petrol cost r up. mixture of higway n roads.

thanks

User avatar
wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by wilswong » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm

LTC wrote:mine is new jazz around 14 to 15, fuel is 98 or Vpower. but now i switch to 95 since petrol cost r up. mixture of higway n roads.

thanks
do a comparison...then you will find that having 98 or even Vpower is not necessary for our engine.

User avatar
alan4368
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: houagng(North Wanderer)

Re: 08 Fit fuel consumption

Post by alan4368 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:52 pm

jaliaobi wrote:Hey guys,who else collected their ride cause i am clocking like 12km/l at the moment just wondering if it is normal at this initial running in stage???
i also clocking at 12 to 12.5, i just collected my car not long ago

User avatar
tazsterz
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by tazsterz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:22 pm

hi all... i'm new here... bt just wondering how did you all calculate the FC? Is it the total km/42l? If so, u mean you can get 17km/l = 17km/l x 42 = 714km/full tank??? Sorry... this is my first ride... Pls enlighten me... Thx...
tazsterz on fit

User avatar
wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by wilswong » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 pm

tazsterz wrote:hi all... i'm new here... bt just wondering how did you all calculate the FC? Is it the total km/42l? If so, u mean you can get 17km/l = 17km/l x 42 = 714km/full tank??? Sorry... this is my first ride... Pls enlighten me... Thx...
more accurate method...

every time pump in 32 litre (do this when the fuel light comes on).

Second refill (again must remember to do this only when the fuel light comes on). from the mileage, divide by 32litre.

The more practical method

instead of pumping until 32l, pump until the pump stop...then see how much was pumped in. Use that number to divide by the distance travelled.

I find that when I did that before the light comes on, the FC super high... like 12/13 but when I do the pump only when the light comes on, the FC calculations is more consistent 14-16km/l.

User avatar
tazsterz
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by tazsterz » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Thx wils bro.... Now then it do make sense... so i could say the average mileage are 500+km? That equate better... and yes I always pump when the light is out and base on that calculation, i manage abt 15-17/l... Heheheeee.... :lol:
tazsterz on fit

User avatar
wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Post by wilswong » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 pm

tazsterz wrote:Thx wils bro.... Now then it do make sense... so i could say the average mileage are 500+km? That equate better... and yes I always pump when the light is out and base on that calculation, i manage abt 15-17/l... Heheheeee.... :lol:
for the 1.3 with CVT..i am expecting 500 at least for stock.

1.5 with CVT people can hit 500+

1.5 with AT my best is around 470 (was really literally driving exclusively on expressway 90+% of the time). Normally 2/80 around 460-470 with 31 litre (when the pump stopped automatically) so my FC around 15km/l.

Not so sure with Jazz 1.3.

fit_candy
1000rpm
1000rpm
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:33 am

Post by fit_candy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:22 pm

shaysoon wrote:24km/L is no way for singapore...that spec is based on super duper highways in japan, europe and other big countries. In singapore every 100m, kenna traffic light liao. If you ever put your odometer display to km/L mode, you will see that it drops whenver you stop at traffic light and move off or travelling in everyday slow moving traffic in SG. In running-in period, dun get anxious by the FC, give some time for the engine to get seasonsed. Of course the driver right leg plays a part too and also does the enhancement he adds to his ride like light weight rims...crank pulley...etc...etc.. my 2cents worth
totally agree..but somehow.fit still a good car in terms of fuel cosumption right...:)
I love JDM!!!

Post Reply