Unanswered topics Active topics

Where to dechrome headlight?

Automobile related topics
whchiang77
Idling
Idling

Post by whchiang77 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Guys! Do u know of any workshop that do dechrome of headlight?

bensonawyong
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by bensonawyong » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm

as in spray color?

advise not to do so as if the job not done properly, you will have foggy headlights. Water will sip in and vapour will form

AshleyRossi

Post by AshleyRossi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:14 pm

bensonawyong wrote:as in spray color?

advise not to do so as if the job not done properly, you will have foggy headlights. Water will sip in and vapor will form
Very well said and that reminded me of the same mistake that I did some time ago. As guessed I did the mistake in painting and almost did one of the most life threatening jobs that lead me close to an accident in a dark night. :oops:

Roberthussy

Post by Roberthussy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Im intersted in this, ive de chromed a few things but imthinking of when i goto sell the car, if i do the joey mod then people will see that its not standard it may put them off, i dont want to have to buy a new headlight when selling time comes along.

SEO service
Robert hussy

bensonawyong
1000rpm
1000rpm

Re: Where to dechrome headlight?

Post by bensonawyong » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am

Roberthussy wrote:Im intersted in this, ive de chromed a few things but imthinking of when i goto sell the car, if i do the joey mod then people will see that its not standard it may put them off, i dont want to have to buy a new headlight when selling time comes along.

SEO service
Selling the car will be a problem also. Also stand a chance to be caught on the road. Try to do mods that are reversible.