Unanswered topics Active topics

Parking at shopping cntre carpark - to give way??

Automobile related topics
sunnycrowe
3000rpm
3000rpm

Parking at shopping cntre carpark - to give way??

Post by sunnycrowe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:06 am

i was at Compasspoint carpark yest n saw one car coming out of the lot.. so i turned on hazard lights and wait for the car to come out...

at this time, the driver behind gave me two short horns... i looked at my rear mirror n he signalled to me to move to the side so that he can pass (he is exiting).......

i jus ignored him cos if i move to the side, i hav to move my car forward, which means i will block the car which is moving out of the lot....

in such situation, do i hav to move to one side (while waiting for the car to drive out of lot) to allow cars behind me to go?? Such impatient driver...... an uncle driver....

pioneerpc
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator

Re: Parking at shopping cntre carpark - to give way??

Post by pioneerpc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 am

maybe next time u can practise to move closer to the sides first while waiting for ur lot to avoid such situations..

give the driver behind the benefit of the doubt.. maybe he has to rush off somewhere for an emergency..
sunnycrowe wrote:i was at Compasspoint carpark yest n saw one car coming out of the lot.. so i turned on hazard lights and wait for the car to come out...

at this time, the driver behind gave me two short horns... i looked at my rear mirror n he signalled to me to move to the side so that he can pass (he is exiting).......

i jus ignored him cos if i move to the side, i hav to move my car forward, which means i will block the car which is moving out of the lot....

in such situation, do i hav to move to one side (while waiting for the car to drive out of lot) to allow cars behind me to go?? Such impatient driver...... an uncle driver....
ESI 2010-2012
Fit 2012-2013
DC5 2013-2014
Colt R 2014-2014
EK4 2014-2016
Wrx 2016-2017
Jazz 2017-2017
GTI 2017 -

funksoulbro
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by funksoulbro » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:39 am

sunnycrowe wrote:i was at Compasspoint carpark yest n saw one car coming out of the lot.. so i turned on hazard lights and wait for the car to come out...

with ur hazard lights on...he should know u are parking. Most of the time we just wait. U are right in allowing the car to move out IMO.
ImageImage Image

fiqueudrue
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by fiqueudrue » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 am

move closer to the left so behind vehicle can move?

this wan always kenna driver take his own sweet memorable time to move out of the lot. standard wan.. oso dulan sumtimes.

miracle78
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by miracle78 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 am

maybe he needs to attend to some emergency? he has to wait for that car to move out of his lot, wait for you to park then he can move off, imagine if you are in his shoes. and some ple can take a long time to park, u noe?

it's the same situation as those road hoggers on e'ways who think they are not in the wrong to travel at the speed limit and holds everyone up which can stretch to many km behind them... someone being held up could be in a life and death situation and just becoz of 1 person refusing to give way...

imo :D

Mugen Boi
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Location: Lor Ah Soo, Potong Pasir, Bishan, Leng Kee, Hillview

Post by Mugen Boi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm

like wat previous members said...try keep 2 ur outmost left/right when waiting 4 tat car 2 move out frm their lot n signal early tat u r waiting :wink:

sunnycrowe
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by sunnycrowe » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:31 am

the uncle dun seem 2 be in a hurry or in emergency.... he gave two short horns n waved his hand to his right to indicate to me to shift to one side... his action was done in a impatient way....

my car was at the centre of the narrow lane n the car moving out of the lot is jus infront of me... so if i were to move to one side, i wld hav blocked the car..... so i waited for the car to move out, then i move forward but kept to my right so that the uncle behind can move (i did not straight away proceed to reverse park otherwise he will give me more horns).....

and u noe what, after i moved to the side..... once he overtook me on my left, he has this 'Fed up' look..... so i gave him one longgg horn.... haha...

i parked at shoppin centre so many hundred times... whenever i turn on hazard lights, the car behind will noe i aiming for one lot n they will wait behind patiently.... but that was the 1st time i encountered such impatient driver....

xeviouss
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by xeviouss » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 pm

sunnycrowe wrote:the uncle dun seem 2 be in a hurry or in emergency.... he gave two short horns n waved his hand to his right to indicate to me to shift to one side... his action was done in a impatient way....

my car was at the centre of the narrow lane n the car moving out of the lot is jus infront of me... so if i were to move to one side, i wld hav blocked the car..... so i waited for the car to move out, then i move forward but kept to my right so that the uncle behind can move (i did not straight away proceed to reverse park otherwise he will give me more horns).....

and u noe what, after i moved to the side..... once he overtook me on my left, he has this 'Fed up' look..... so i gave him one longgg horn.... haha...

i parked at shoppin centre so many hundred times... whenever i turn on hazard lights, the car behind will noe i aiming for one lot n they will wait behind patiently.... but that was the 1st time i encountered such impatient driver....
how you know the uncle was not in a rush....

its not like our faces are like blank paper, and our thoughts are written all over.

yus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by yus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:52 am

sunnycrowe wrote:the uncle dun seem 2 be in a hurry or in emergency.... he gave two short horns n waved his hand to his right to indicate to me to shift to one side... his action was done in a impatient way....

You can still move forward, block the outgg car, let the Uncle pass, then reverse to let the car out.

Sigh!

budt
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by budt » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:02 am

try to avoid waiting on the centre of a lane even if its narrow. just be courteous and move to one side when u wait as the quite a few cars behind may actually be able to go through before u park. :D

klchua
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by klchua » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:35 pm

think of other, move to the side to let other pass. everybody happy.

j-sho
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by j-sho » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:00 am

move to the side la...wah lao...still need to come here and seek advice from forum meh..inconsiderate
Last time never study...now i sell newspaper lor...

takano
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by takano » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 am

U're lucky u kanna just 2 short horns........... what's so difficult in keeping to the side in the first place?

Muckafutha
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Muckafutha » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 am

I think if you can give way, if you cannot the guy behind shouldn't get angry either. Because its a carpark, its expected that people will stop to park their cars.

I think a lot of people always want you to give the benefit of the doubt to faster drivers. Excuse is always there may be an emergency. To me that's rubbish. Faster drivers always want people to give way to them, emergency or not. They never think of giving way to you. In your situation you want to park your car. Why can't they be consideratate and wait till you finish parking?

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:21 am

alamak, the car horns can sometimes make ppl piss..why not removed it and everyone can be happy? :lol: