Need Bushing Advices

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
nickki
4000rpm
4000rpm

Need Bushing Advices

Post by nickki » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Dear fellows SHC,

am considering on changing bushing as my current 1 is worning out soon, my ride left about 2.5yrs before scrapping. So i would like to have a comfortable and full driving experience before i scrap.

Anyway i've got a CRX Del Sol, it's hard for me to decide to go on stock OEM or Energy bushing.

So to my question, if i'm going to get Energy bushing I dunno where to find the part numbers for my ride.

I understand from the previous post pertaining to bushing was that Energy bushing can be purchased through ebay. My worries is that what if they don't fit.

Looking forward for any leads or advices you guys have out there!

Thanks for reading!
VTEC is the answer...

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Need Bushing Advices

Post by Will_SG » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm

nickki wrote:Dear fellows SHC,

am considering on changing bushing as my current 1 is worning out soon, my ride left about 2.5yrs before scrapping. So i would like to have a comfortable and full driving experience before i scrap.

Anyway i've got a CRX Del Sol, it's hard for me to decide to go on stock OEM or Energy bushing.

So to my question, if i'm going to get Energy bushing I dunno where to find the part numbers for my ride.

I understand from the previous post pertaining to bushing was that Energy bushing can be purchased through ebay. My worries is that what if they don't fit.

Thanks for reading!
For 1993 del Sol

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... l+Sol+1993

nickki
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Need Bushing Advices

Post by nickki » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Will_SG wrote:
nickki wrote:Dear fellows SHC,

Thanks for reading!
For 1993 del Sol

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... l+Sol+1993
Thanks alot Will_SG!
VTEC is the answer...

e240
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by e240 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I would go Hard Race over energy.
Turbo DC2 Type R
Proudly Sponsored by MFactory Competition Products for all Hondas!
TeamMFactory.com

ah_rek
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ah_rek » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:21 pm

i don't know why people choose over energy. I was one of them. but stock is better to my preference. There is a reason why the R&D of hondas use rubber.. anyway, energy is not advisable on super hard corners... i mean super hard

slow is gold.

grandpa-VTEC
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by grandpa-VTEC » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:32 pm

nylon bushings best lah. custom made and will never break...apart from yr back :lol: :lol: :lol:
Speeding has never Killed anyone....suddenly becoming stationary is what Kills you ---- jeremy Clarkson

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Will_SG » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 pm

ah_rek wrote:i don't know why people choose over energy. I was one of them. but stock is better to my preference. There is a reason why the R&D of hondas use rubber.. anyway, energy is not advisable on super hard corners... i mean super hard
For me, the energy just last longer so more economical.

uraco
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by uraco » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:18 am

ah_rek wrote:i don't know why people choose over energy. I was one of them. but stock is better to my preference. There is a reason why the R&D of hondas use rubber.. anyway, energy is not advisable on super hard corners... i mean super hard
So wat will happen in super hard corners? Bushing give way?

ah_rek
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ah_rek » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:43 pm

there are reviews on hondatech,

trailing arms bushings can't stand the tension....(something happend) can google it =0)

hardrace is a good option.

slow is gold.

uraco
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by uraco » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

ah_rek wrote:there are reviews on hondatech,

trailing arms bushings can't stand the tension....(something happend) can google it =0)

hardrace is a good option.
Not that I know of heard of. But I can confirm that if cleaning the inside of the metal support is done properly before installation with plenty of lube that is provided, there will be no issue. I've done it on thrice already and twice personally hands on. And have never faced even a squeak.

I believe if it gives way, it is due to it having an accidental tear on bush itself making it weak and giving it a point to start failing.

Think of a piece of PU sheet about 30cm by 30cm and 1cm thick. If you fold it in half there will be extreme tension on the outer part of the fold but will not tear. Let it go and the sheet will spring back to its original shape. Do this 1000 times and it still be the same.
Now use a pen knife and on any part of the fold create a small slice and immediately the small line will tear into a big one. Let go and fold again a few times and the tear grows bigger. This is such for TPU or thermoplastic polyurethane material. Hard but flexible.

So in my opinion for those faced with issues of bushing giving way, they probably did not clean and smoothen the inner surface of the metal support and pressed the bush in causing a cut or tear on the bush. Not forgetting that many who install these bushing in the US DIY in their garage with just DIY tools and the instruction manual from energy suspension.

kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by kozmix » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 pm

share my experiences:

skunk2 LCA which came with the PU "pro-bush".
after less than 2 years, 4 out of 6 cracked (including 1 busted). had to order replacement bush. not so "pro" afterall.

energy PU bush (black) , properly lubed, but still very squeky (no complains though).

hardrace trailing arm bush (hard-rubber) , 1 side have funny grok-grok sound coming from it since the day installed.
Inspected thoroughly , was properly installed and working fine, still have the sound.
Just live with it.
You know you're so JDM when your black underwear have red stitchings.

pokerface
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by pokerface » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 pm

kozmix wrote:share my experiences:

skunk2 LCA which came with the PU "pro-bush".
after less than 2 years, 4 out of 6 cracked (including 1 busted). had to order replacement bush. not so "pro" afterall.

energy PU bush (black) , properly lubed, but still very squeky (no complains though).

hardrace trailing arm bush (hard-rubber) , 1 side have funny grok-grok sound coming from it since the day installed.
Inspected thoroughly , was properly installed and working fine, still have the sound.
Just live with it.

Definately a nice share for all. (though it may not apply to everyone but just a nice reference to note of)

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Will_SG » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am

I have SKUNK2 black series (red bushing) LCA. After about 3 months, it was very squeaky even on the expressway. I had it removed and made sure I lube it (very generously) myself this time with the lub that came with Energy Suspension bushings. For about 1 year now, no more squeaking.

I remember someone recommended using some kind of maritime lubricant which is very thick and sticky. Still trying to find out the type. But the lub that came with Energy bushing works very work.

Another thing to note. My car is only slightly lowered, therefore the LCA is in its natural position most of the time; meaning slanting downwards towards the wheels. This position may have less stress on the LCA.

Silver
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by Silver » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Will_SG wrote:I have SKUNK2 black series (red bushing) LCA. After about 3 months, it was very squeaky even on the expressway. I had it removed and made sure I lube it (very generously) myself this time with the lub that came with Energy Suspension bushings. For about 1 year now, no more squeaking.

I remember someone recommended using some kind of maritime lubricant which is very thick and sticky. Still trying to find out the type. But the lub that came with Energy bushing works very work.

Another thing to note. My car is only slightly lowered, therefore the LCA is in its natural position most of the time; meaning slanting downwards towards the wheels. This position may have less stress on the LCA.
Yes... The lub that came with Energy bushings are really good stuff! Mine has no squeaky sound at all... :) :)

There's always a better 2molo...........