Unanswered topics Active topics

Engine Problem. Hoping to find answers ):

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
r3nnylim
5000rpm
5000rpm

Engine Problem. Hoping to find answers ):

Post by r3nnylim » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi guys recently my car has broke down on me. ): the problem with it is that when travelling at the begining there is a clacking sound right below the bottom motor for the pulley belts. then suddenly my car rev went up to idle about 11k then sound came out from the engine itself. after topping up oil into the engine. when im driving there is always some kinf od pull back power when i throttle. Suddenly when i reach my friends place there was this sudden gush of air that came out in my engine bay but i wasnt in time to see where is it coming from. after leaving my car at my friends place for a day, he tried to start my car and there wasnt any battery at all. something must be on when i actually offed my engine. i suspect is the clacking sound from the pully motor that is the main issue. Guys please advice the damage and the price for it too.
It's when the VTEC roars there ain't no turning back.

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Engine Problem. Hoping to find answers ):

Post by Will_SG » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:30 pm

r3nnylim wrote:then suddenly my car rev went up to idle about 11k then sound came out from the engine itself.
Bro, confirm 11K rpm? or 1.1k?

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Engine Problem. Hoping to find answers ):

Post by Will_SG » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:29 pm

r3nnylim wrote:Hi guys recently my car has broke down on me. ): the problem with it is that when travelling at the begining there is a clacking sound right below the bottom motor for the pulley belts. then suddenly my car rev went up to idle about 11k then sound came out from the engine itself. after topping up oil into the engine. when im driving there is always some kinf od pull back power when i throttle. Suddenly when i reach my friends place there was this sudden gush of air that came out in my engine bay but i wasnt in time to see where is it coming from. after leaving my car at my friends place for a day, he tried to start my car and there wasnt any battery at all. something must be on when i actually offed my engine. i suspect is the clacking sound from the pully motor that is the main issue. Guys please advice the damage and the price for it too.
1. Clacking during drive unitl car warm up?
2. Engine will rev up to 11k rpm during idle, afterwhich the clacking sound appeared?
3. The power lost during throttle always happen after engine oil change or when u top up engine oil?
4. Did all these happened on the same day?

BEST Advice go to the mechanic and do thorough check...

best case scenario is alternator pulley came loose (therefore no charge = no voltage)

No idea for the gush of air (Could be Air-Con compressor venting due to high pressure)