Unanswered topics Active topics

Car 'dying' issue - Normal or something wrong?

Need technical advice ?
berji
1000rpm
1000rpm

Car 'dying' issue - Normal or something wrong?

Post by berji » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi bros,

Newbie looking for some explanation here.

I'm driving a DC5 with a k24a2 engine. I face this problem quite often - whenever I start my car after long period of not driving (such as morning going to work, at night leaving office etc), the car will 'die' within 1.5-2mins of idling. After driving off, my car can easily stall during first 10mins, when faced with traffic jams, traffic lights etc (car idling). I assume it's due to 'car not warmed up enough' etc, but I don't think that's the reason...

My oil press fluctuates quite a fair bit during idling all the time, between 2.0 to 6.0 (and at 6.0 area, rumbling is really quite loud). When car is 'cold', idle can easily drop to 1.5, and when that happens, my car stalls easily when idling, even when I'm at the biting point. I usually counter this problem by over-revving when moving off, but that's definitely not the best solution...

Hard driving helps eliminate this problem significantly - after a while of hard driving, the car idles at 4.0 area and moves off responsively when stationary.

I recently serviced my car, and changed all spark plugs and engine oil etc, and so far it has helped a bit with the handling of the car.

Any bros know what the possible issues are? Can't hold compression?
#白蛇 #StayCrushingDC5

roxy
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by roxy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 am

Crank or cam sensor . And possibly the TPS , throttle position sensor.
Should get a certain P code error in the scanner.

dantok
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by dantok » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:41 am

I presume you`re using KPRO?

Doesn't sound like the TPS, because if the TPS is messed up or not getting a signal. RPM will be capped at 2000rpm.

Cam sensor is one possiblity, if it has erractic idle, and can't idle properly, you might want to check your Crank sensor. Another thing you might want to do is to clean the IVAC sensor (this one always get clogged). It's at the TB area in the front underneath.