Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Accord CM4/5 mainly (Stories, mods, meetups...)

Home Of The Accordians
AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 am

Hi,

Have anyone experience a "whee" sounds when you crack start the car? The sounds only came out during cold as in engine has rest for a period of hours. The sound is like when engine is started and you continue to hold it before letting go. Am thinking its not the starter problem but the ignition holder problem.

If you experience before can share share?

Thanks..

maskedrider
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by maskedrider » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 pm

AN wrote:Hi,

Have anyone experience a "whee" sounds when you crack start the car? The sounds only came out during cold as in engine has rest for a period of hours. The sound is like when engine is started and you continue to hold it before letting go. Am thinking its not the starter problem but the ignition holder problem.

Thanks..

i did encounted smilar as you do but didnt bother about it
after which need to start the car, gentle turn the key and once crank, hands off the key lo
after which, i dint encounted this after
i did not know what cause but going to service my car soon and will ask my SA from KM about it
Kyosho MP9 TKi OS V spec AKA tires Sanwa Blue thunder Spektrum

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:31 pm

maskedrider wrote:
AN wrote:Hi,

Thanks..

i did encounted smilar as you do but didnt bother about it
after which need to start the car, gentle turn the key and once crank, hands off the key lo
after which, i dint encounted this after
i did not know what cause but going to service my car soon and will ask my SA from KM about it
Even I let go fast after cranking, the sounds still appear! Notice only after engine rest and cold. Help to ask the SA pls. Thanks

maskedrider
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by maskedrider » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 am

Ok, just service car at KM
Ask about the sound created when after the cold start, it's actually from the starter motor which the pin was engaging too fast which cause the double start sound during cold start
Very rare to happen but should it everyday happen, get it checked or replace
My is healthy and don't required to change

Hope this help

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:36 am

maskedrider wrote:Ok, just service car at KM
Ask about the sound created when after the cold start, it's actually from the starter motor which the pin was engaging too fast which cause the double start sound during cold start
Very rare to happen but should it everyday happen, get it checked or replace
My is healthy and don't required to change

Hope this help
Thanks!!!

It helps.

For the past few days I didn't hear it anymore. But I am sure it's still there and only cold start will have the double start sound.

Thank you!

mayotedy
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by mayotedy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 pm

I have a knocking sound near to the front right wheel whenever I move off and some times I turn slightly the steering wheel . It sounds like something is loose undercarriage. My mechanic has changed rubber bushing and power steering pressure hose. Does any bro know how to resolve this?

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 pm

mayotedy wrote:I have a knocking sound near to the front right wheel whenever I move off and some times I turn slightly the steering wheel . It sounds like something is loose undercarriage. My mechanic has changed rubber bushing and power steering pressure hose. Does any bro know how to resolve this?

Could be the belt tensioner...

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

WhiteKnight API-ed

Post by junning » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi BlackKnight,

Found your new WhiteKnight here! :wink:

How does your API-ed ride feel?

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: WhiteKnight API-ed

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry, missed your post and query.

Haha...U stalking me? Guess my ride is now set to the right height (2 and a half fingers). Just enough to clear most carparks and cornering is now tight - no more "floating" sensations. A little harsher but still better than my black knight previously (was on koni & stock springs).

Next would be BKK. Maybe Statsis (made by alcon) or AP 6 pot. I find the stopping is insufficent - nearly couldnt stop on time on 3 occasions! Maybe my car is heavy now?I missed my project mu. :roll:

:lol:
junning wrote:Hi BlackKnight,

Found your new WhiteKnight here! :wink:

How does your API-ed ride feel?

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 pm

I experienced my car like working on the spring... Very noisy when drive over uneven roads, the whole car unduly shaking. My wife sitting behind also realized that. Is it the dampers not functioning well??

Typically how many years to change dampers?

Thanks.

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 am

Hi AN,

Yes, most likely yr shocks are gone if your ride is harsher...especially on uneven road surfaces.

quote="AN"]I experienced my car like working on the spring... Very noisy when drive over uneven roads, the whole car unduly shaking. My wife sitting behind also realized that. Is it the dampers not functioning well??

Thanks.[/quote]

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 am

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi AN,

Yes, most likely yr shocks are gone if your ride is harsher...especially on uneven road surfaces.

quote="AN"]I experienced my car like working on the spring... Very noisy when drive over uneven roads, the whole car unduly shaking. My wife sitting behind also realized that. Is it the dampers not functioning well??

Thanks.
[/quote]

I feel like the car is "jelly" when driving! Guess that you are right on shock absorbers....

maskedrider
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by maskedrider » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

AN wrote:I feel like the car is "jelly" when driving! Guess that you are right on shock absorbers....
Confirm stock absorber gone case

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 pm

maskedrider wrote:
AN wrote:I feel like the car is "jelly" when driving! Guess that you are right on shock absorbers....
Confirm stock absorber gone case
Yes, you're correct. Sent in the car for repair.

AN
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by AN » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

After the shock absorber, now the car has a constant sound... It's very obvious when you step beside the engine but you cannot hear while inside the car. It's constant and doesn't increase with acceleration. Anyone experience this before?

Checked with Honda guys. They said need to check one by one and charge $150 for 2 hours job. Could be steering pump, could be alternate, etc.....

Advice from friend out there??