Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Accord CM4/5 mainly (Stories, mods, meetups...)

Home Of The Accordians
junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

CP2 test drive

Post by junning » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:05 am

Hi all,

After testing the CP2 this afternoon, some how my CM5 'got jealous' and reacted by not illuminating its centre console backlight.

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#1719497
http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#1719501

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: siewss

Post by siewss » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:14 pm

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi Siew,

That's a beauty! It looks seriously potent with the kit :twisted:

Heh! That's a gold color advan RS! If U still think that it looks "weird"...wanna swap with my 18" SSR? :lol:

I m itching to change the looks of my ride and will be looking at this exact same model if I wanna change. :lol:

Ha ha, now that you've given praise of my rims, I'm beginning to acquire incremental appreciation of its look, although the gold color is a direct challenge to my aesthetic senses. All that glitter is not gold, imo, especially on white :roll:

However, I do have a penchant for Chili Red brake calipers. And especially on white 8)
Last edited by siewss on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siewss

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: CP2 test drive

Post by siewss » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:18 pm

junning wrote:Hi all,

After testing the CP2 this afternoon, some how my CM5 'got jealous' and reacted by not illuminating its centre console backlight.

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#1719497
http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#1719501
Shakespeare knew this well: "Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned....."

Hope the fix will turn up well.
siewss

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Official Launch of the 8th Generation Honda Accord

Post by siewss » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I still have the invitation card with me, and since I can't make it on 28 Mar, anyone interested in taking over? It's for you and your partner.
siewss

herk
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by herk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:41 am

Congrats Siew, on your MPS.
Nice ride.
A Honda Convert

chneo1982
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by chneo1982 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 am

siewss wrote:
Ha ha, now that you've given praise of my rims, I'm beginning to acquire incremental appreciation of its look, although the gold color is a direct challenge to my aesthetic senses. All that glitter is not gold, imo, especially on white :roll:

However, I do have a penchant for Chili Red brake calipers. And especially on white 8)
ok siew.... now i know what u think of my gold ah pek accord liao.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gold rims on white cars is nice ma.... if u don't like the colour you can always get it resprayed at around 200 - 300 bucks.... a cheap alternative...

Or swap it with Larry lo.... hehehhee
Neo

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:26 pm

herk wrote:Congrats Siew, on your MPS.
Nice ride.
Thanks herk. I just hope it's as lasting as it looks.

Just WOT again this morning from 1st to 2nd - rocked like cradle again due to difficult to fathom biting point. :?
siewss

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:35 pm

chneo1982 wrote:
siewss wrote:

ok siew.... now i know what u think of my gold ah pek accord liao.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gold rims on white cars is nice ma.... if u don't like the colour you can always get it resprayed at around 200 - 300 bucks.... a cheap alternative...

Or swap it with Larry lo.... hehehhee
I'm sure it suits your dad to the hilt. Some time back you had more than half a mind to respray the gold job to something more youngish and vibrant. :D I bet a billion stirling pounds your CTR is not going to come coated in gold.
siewss

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Yes, makes me wonder what shade will his new CTR be...

White? :roll: Seen too many on the road....yawn :roll: Opps..excuse me!

Blue? :twisted: That's "unique" cos there are simply too few on the road. Like the hyperblack rims :twisted:

Black? Is there a black? :roll: If there are black CTRs around, take a second look cos U'll realise that many are 2L i-vtec instead :roll: Kekeke..

So...the obvious choice for me, in my opinion would be the BLUE CTR!Kekeke....

However, to create the Mugen look, he may wanna spray it "Bloody" RED and slap on a CF vented hood :twisted:
siewss wrote:
chneo1982 wrote:
siewss wrote: I'm sure it suits your dad to the hilt. Some time back you had more than half a mind to respray the gold job to something more youngish and vibrant. :D I bet a billion stirling pounds your CTR is not going to come coated in gold.

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:58 pm

JDM CTR only comes in white, blue and silver.

UK CTR only comes in red, black and silver.
BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Yes, makes me wonder what shade will his new CTR be...

White? :roll: Seen too many on the road....yawn :roll: Opps..excuse me!

Blue? :twisted: That's "unique" cos there are simply too few on the road. Like the hyperblack rims :twisted:

Black? Is there a black? :roll: If there are black CTRs around, take a second look cos U'll realise that many are 2L i-vtec instead :roll: Kekeke..

So...the obvious choice for me, in my opinion would be the BLUE CTR!Kekeke....

However, to create the Mugen look, he may wanna spray it "Bloody" RED and slap on a CF vented hood :twisted:
ImageImageImage

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:00 pm

siewss wrote:
Nice ride.

Just WOT again this morning from 1st to 2nd - rocked like cradle again due to difficult to fathom biting point. :?
:? You mean to say WOT through other gears like 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 -- there's less or no driveline shunt/jerk???
ImageImageImage

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:40 pm

ml2spin wrote:
siewss wrote:
Nice ride.

:? You mean to say WOT through other gears like 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 -- there's less or no driveline shunt/jerk???
So far only WOT up to 3rd. 2nd to 3rd didn't exhibit the same jerkiness.

There's a TSB issued for the MPS clutch - only problem is leaving the car at the workshop for 3 days.
siewss

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:17 pm

siewss wrote:Suffice to say, both my wife and I started getting all sentimental, remembering how well our CM5 served us for all the good old driving-holidays, and how the big and comfy interior coccooned us during those long hours, not to mention the effortless cruising and overtaking prowess.

I'll miss my CM5. :(
Very common. When I sold off my Stream for a LGT, I also missed it quite badly. My girl also missed it and keep asking me about it. It's been 5 mths since and we are still missing the Stream.

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:22 pm

siewss wrote:Here's a slightly underexposed but still tantilising rear quarter view:

I've only saw a MPS once on the road. The exhaust looks more fierce than the LGT leh...

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 pm

siewss wrote:Just WOT again this morning from 1st to 2nd - rocked like cradle again due to difficult to fathom biting point. :?
That's why I am sticking to autos.... hahaha....