Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Accord CM4/5 mainly (Stories, mods, meetups...)

Home Of The Accordians
siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: OWS Spark Plugs

Post by siewss » Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 pm

junning wrote:
siewss wrote: this is good info, Junning. I take it that you no longer service your car in KM. I'm simply regurgitating from here:

http://www.honda.com.sg/service_pdf/Acc ... 20List.pdf

I've been pouring in a bottle of STP injector cleaner every major oil change (10kkm), even though the SE was kind of dead set against that practice.

Are you taking a calculated risk by stretching, and almost doubling the recommended change interval of the AIO belt? I wouldn't mind holding off for a moment longer if there's a way to tell how it's faring. What was it that guided you into making this call? My wife's car's fan belt was found with multiple cracks all along the inner side during the 40kkm servicing, :shock:, and it was conveniently parked under the wear and tear item category, which means $$$ from my pocket.

Seems like parts are dropping and dying like flies - my left front door power lock decided to act up and now refuses to unlock, whether using remote or the master control on the driver's door. :?
Hi siewss,

Infact didn't go back to KM at all, except for warranty issue.

Good injector cleaner actually cleans up your combustion chamber too.

The broad AIO belt still looks ok, no sign of worn edges. So didn't have the urge to change yet. AIO belt seems more common these days, maybe it's easier to maintain. But if the belt fails all respective components stop working as well.

Those narrow belts seems to wear out faster? Heard of a premature belt wear for a relatively new Accent before.

So for the next car purchase we should look for car running by Timing Chain, broad AIO belts, electric power steering (often commended for the lack of feel) to cut down on maintenance cost?

Junning
Hi junning, looks like only the AIO belt and the K24A4 lump are overdesigned but nothing else are.

Last time I looked under the hood (yeah, it was quite a while back), the belt looked like it can last forever. So I may follow your path and stretch it beyond its expiry date.

You're right about the Accent's belt - it's unbelievable lousy. I was downright peeved when KMC turned down my request to change it under warranty - argued for 20 minutes but they refused to budge. So that was my last visit to KMC service center. Hope the Verna's belt is a far sight better.
siewss

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Tue May 22, 2007 9:44 pm

siew, why not use caltex techron petrol? claims to have additives that cleans the injectors as well.

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Tue May 22, 2007 10:27 pm

zakuii wrote:siew, why not use caltex techron petrol? claims to have additives that cleans the injectors as well.
I get 11% discount + points from SPC leh. What kind of discount are you getting at Caltex? I'll willingly switch camp if there are more benefit coming my way.

Anyway $7 per bottle of injector cleaner per 10kkm is still tolerable :D

Besides I can always depend on my regular northbound high mileage high revving high speed blast to clear the most stubborn carbon deposits. And it just occured to me that I should pour in a bottle just before my next trip for maximum effect!
siewss

zakuii
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by zakuii » Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 am

I get 10% discount if use with OCBC or HSBC credit card, with thanks points and credit card points. $7 for the STP ain't that bad though. But if Caltex's claim is true, the injectors are kept clean everyday with their techron petrol. :)

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

warranty claims

Post by junning » Wed May 23, 2007 6:52 pm

chneo1982 wrote:But KM allow you to do warranty claims when u do not do servicing with them???
case by case basis & depending on the items you're claiming.

kAtAnA
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by kAtAnA » Wed May 23, 2007 8:43 pm

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi kAtAnA,

Welcome to the Accord family! How much did U get your ride for? Guess the COE is like $15K now? I believe you have really tot hard and long between the Camry & Accord eh? During our times, there's nothing to pull our heartstrings towards the Camry. Accord's the ONLY choice......and the RIGHT one too! There was also no 2.0L alternative as well :cry: But we are all glad that we have chosen the Accord anyway.

Do join us for meetups during the weekdays for lunch sometime. Guess it will be next week. :wink: Pls pm me your email and mobile so that we can get in touch with you. :wink: No worries if U still haven't got yr ride...we can help U trash your current ride :twisted: Juz kidding...we have different makes here like the JDM accord, Saab, GTI etc...all previous accordians :lol:
Hi got all my ride for 88k + all the freebies i mentioned earlier. SE just called to say i got my COE @ 18.9k.

Hehe actually my choice was quite clear.

Cefiro 230: Disappointed with the V6 & Drink petrol like no tomorrow.
Camry 2.0: seriously underpowered
Camry 2.4: Too ex @ 100k
Accord 2.4: Like all the extras especially the HIDs but feel that no point paying so much for a car that is going to phase out next year.

So choice = Accord 2.0

junning
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

i30

Post by junning » Wed May 23, 2007 10:30 pm

siewss wrote:Hope the Verna's belt is a far sight better.
Hi siewss,

New Verna beltings are still not AIO though.

Check out this new kid on the block that has just reached our shore, the front chrome grille is too Civic

Junning

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 pm

kAtAnA wrote:
Hi got all my ride for 88k + all the freebies i mentioned earlier. SE just called to say i got my COE @ 18.9k.

Accord 2.4: Like all the extras especially the HIDs but feel that no point paying so much for a car that is going to phase out next year.

So choice = Accord 2.0
You're made a good choice! Based on today's price, I would be hard pressed to decide between the CM4 and the CM5.

So what 1st mod do you have in mind?
siewss

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: i30

Post by siewss » Wed May 23, 2007 11:22 pm

junning wrote:
siewss wrote:Hope the Verna's belt is a far sight better.
Hi siewss,

New Verna beltings are still not AIO though.

Check out this new kid on the block that has just reached our shore, the front chrome grille is too Civic

Junning
That's most unfortunate, junning. I can only hope it's built to last longer than the Accent's.

Must say this Hyundai is quite a looker.
siewss

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:48 am

U mean the Accord CM5 (2.4L) cost $96K now with the COE at $18.9K? :shock: Mmm...I got my CM5 2 years ago at $91.5K with a COE at $14K. Think I can sell my ride at a better price now?

Disclaimer: Juz wondering only okie. I have no intention to sell now cos there are still more mods to my ride. :twisted:

siewss wrote:
kAtAnA wrote:

So choice = Accord 2.0
You're made a good choice! Based on today's price, I would be hard pressed to decide between the CM4 and the CM5.

Freddie Lim
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by Freddie Lim » Thu May 24, 2007 1:19 am

Hi! All,

It has been a great time being an Accordian for the 3.5 years! :D Frankly, Accord (CM5, I can only comment on that as I 'm a 1st time Honda owner) is really a very fantastic car!

For the past 3 years or so, I have been a fan to this forum (Accord CM5), logging in almost everyday to find out more info on mods, better FC, tyres, problems encountered by fellow CM5 owners, to learn new stuffs, etc etc....

I have sold my precious ride 2day and decided to switch camp :wink:

This forum has been very insightful, I will certainly continue following the threads generated by you guys! :wink:

Enjoy your CM4 & CM5 to the fullest! :D :D

Cheers,

Freddie

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 am

Hi Freddie,

Do keep in touch. So...which ride did U choose? We have Saab & GTI so far.
Freddie Lim wrote:Hi! All,

It has been a great time being an Accordian for the 3.5 years! :D Frankly, Accord (CM5, I can only comment on that as I 'm a 1st time Honda owner) is really a very fantastic car!

For the past 3 years or so, I have been a fan to this forum (Accord CM5), logging in almost everyday to find out more info on mods, better FC, tyres, problems encountered by fellow CM5 owners, to learn new stuffs, etc etc....

This forum has been very insightful, I will certainly continue following the threads generated by you guys! :wink:

Cheers,

Freddie

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Thu May 24, 2007 7:57 am

BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:U mean the Accord CM5 (2.4L) cost $96K now with the COE at $18.9K? :shock: Mmm...I got my CM5 2 years ago at $91.5K with a COE at $14K. Think I can sell my ride at a better price now?

Disclaimer: Juz wondering only okie. I have no intention to sell now cos there are still more mods to my ride. :twisted:

siewss wrote:
kAtAnA wrote:

So choice = Accord 2.0

We know your heart itches for the new Skyline. We know there's no cure for this dreadful itch. We know the only antidote is the Skyline or any 4 wheeler with SC/TCer. We know it's a matter of time....... :lol:

So, what short term mods do you have up your fenders? :wink:
siewss

siewss
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by siewss » Thu May 24, 2007 8:06 am

Cheers,

Freddie
Well Freddie, parting is such sweet sorrow, so says Alpha Romeo :lol: Sad to see another Accordian go "astray".

For the past 3.5 yrs of ultimate enjoyment, you only had 26 postings based on your last count. Thought you might have something llllloooonnnnngggggeeeerrr for your epilogue.

Anyway, after the CM5, you must have gotten something better, although I'm still cracking my head on what it could be since the choices are so limited, by my standard. :lol:

PS: Is your CM5 still with you? I'm wondering if I can work out some deals with you, which incidentally includes your strut bar....
siewss

Freddie Lim
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by Freddie Lim » Thu May 24, 2007 8:09 am

Yo! Knight Larry,

I have switched to a BMW 325i, love its flat 6 power plant :lol:
BlackKnight_CM5 wrote:Hi Freddie,

Do keep in touch. So...which ride did U choose? We have Saab & GTI so far.

Cheers,

Freddie