Engine oil leaking. Pls Help

Home Of The Accordians
Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Engine oil leaking. Pls Help

Post by Jnco » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 am

Hi Bros ,

Anyone Accordian face engine oil leaking on your accord? I am also not sure is steering pump leak or engine oil. But most prob will be the engine oil. Is all over my bonnet, very dirty and messy. Don't know what had cause it to leak. Already change the head casket and spark plug rubber. But still leaking. I don't know how to check as well. Anyone facing the problem too?

Many thanks
Fun Fun Fun.

huffie
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by huffie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am

try see if vtec solenoid gasket require replacement
ImageImage

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:35 pm

thanks bro. But do you know what the cost of changing. My oil is everywhere. hard to locate the place for leaking. :(
Fun Fun Fun.

huffie
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by huffie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:32 am

Jnco wrote:thanks bro. But do you know what the cost of changing. My oil is everywhere. hard to locate the place for leaking. :(
the item itself is probably $30-$40+..if you look on internet there are some videos teaching how to replace it..price varies from shop to shop.. but if u add about $50 for labour should be around there... typically if workshop can't locate the leak.. they'll normally spray and wash the engine bay and monitor where the leak comes from...
ImageImage

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 pm

huffie wrote:
Jnco wrote:thanks bro. But do you know what the cost of changing. My oil is everywhere. hard to locate the place for leaking. :(
the item itself is probably $30-$40+..if you look on internet there are some videos teaching how to replace it..price varies from shop to shop.. but if u add about $50 for labour should be around there... typically if workshop can't locate the leak.. they'll normally spray and wash the engine bay and monitor where the leak comes from...
Sure and thanks for your help .Will check on the issue.
Fun Fun Fun.

snowshake
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by snowshake » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Seal probably hardened over time. It can be at cylinder head, oil pan, valve and etc.

I know because mine had similar oil sipping issue.

But can be solved
xue

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:18 pm

snowshake wrote:Seal probably hardened over time. It can be at cylinder head, oil pan, valve and etc.

I know because mine had similar oil sipping issue.

But can be solved
I had change the seal rubber at the cylinder head, oil pan and spark plug hole rubber. After 1 week, the leaking is still there. I went back to the ws and they use black high temperature silicone to seal for me. They told me , this is the last thing that they can seal up to prevent the leak.

Another problem is my steering pump is also leak. But not much, you can imagine how messy and dirty my engine bay is. lol. My car still left 1.5 years to go.
Fun Fun Fun.

huffie
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by huffie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 am

Jnco wrote: Another problem is my steering pump is also leak. But not much, you can imagine how messy and dirty my engine bay is. lol. My car still left 1.5 years to go.
steering pump? which model you driving... CM5?
ImageImage

snowshake
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by snowshake » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Interesting.. Do you consider engine top overhaul?
xue

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:06 pm

snowshake wrote:Interesting.. Do you consider engine top overhaul?
Yes CM5. Kah motor told me overhaul est 4k. haahaa. Not worth. I will just continues drive until the engine cannot move. than De-registration the coe, take bk OMV $. Go scrap yard and sell to them.
Fun Fun Fun.

fingon
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by fingon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Jnco wrote:
Yes CM5. Kah motor told me overhaul est 4k. haahaa. Not worth. I will just continues drive until the engine cannot move. than De-registration the coe, take bk OMV $. Go scrap yard and sell to them.
i am driving a CM too.

Pls go to another workshop to verify. I made the same mistake of going Kah, got quoted about 5k. Thought I'd save some money buy buying the parts from stockists. I went to a workshop recommended by Tanly to change the parts.

In the end, the mechanic (formerly from Kah Motors), told me no need to buy this no need to buy that, just recon it. I could have saved another sum just by going to him straight. Lucky I managed to changed the items to engine oil and atf.

Bloody Kah motors!

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:01 pm

fingon wrote:
Jnco wrote:
i am driving a CM too.

Pls go to another workshop to verify. I made the same mistake of going Kah, got quoted about 5k. Thought I'd save some money buy buying the parts from stockists. I went to a workshop recommended by Tanly to change the parts.

In the end, the mechanic (formerly from Kah Motors), told me no need to buy this no need to buy that, just recon it. I could have saved another sum just by going to him straight. Lucky I managed to changed the items to engine oil and atf.

Bloody Kah motors!
Thanks for the information, might need you to intro the mechanic. But your cm giving you any problem?
Fun Fun Fun.

fingon
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by fingon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Jnco wrote:
fingon wrote:
Jnco wrote: Yes CM5. Kah motor told me overhaul est 4k. haahaa. Not worth. I will just continues drive until the engine cannot move. than De-registration the coe, take bk OMV $. Go scrap yard and sell to them.
i am driving a CM too.

Bloody Kah motors!
Thanks for the information, might need you to intro the mechanic. But your cm giving you any problem?
everything ok so far. the usual wear and tear...

Jnco
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jnco » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:58 am

fingon wrote:
Jnco wrote:
fingon wrote: i am driving a CM too.

Bloody Kah motors!
Bro , my CM5 steering pump oil leak. i need to repair it by buying the steering pump repair kit. Can check where the mechanic you mention at where? i got to know a place can repair. 1 of shc memeber introduce me. By since you say he is ex from kah , should be much more understand the repair than other. Thanks
Fun Fun Fun.

fingon
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by fingon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Jnco wrote:
fingon wrote:
Jnco wrote: Thanks for the information, might need you to intro the mechanic. But your cm giving you any problem?
Bro , my CM5 steering pump oil leak. i need to repair it by buying the steering pump repair kit. Can check where the mechanic you mention at where? i got to know a place can repair. 1 of shc memeber introduce me. By since you say he is ex from kah , should be much more understand the repair than other. Thanks
hi dropped you a pm