Car servicing advice

Home Of The Accordians
panaracer
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by panaracer » Thu May 23, 2013 3:56 pm

cl7teckie wrote:
2cubed wrote:
panaracer wrote:hmmm............ we need to sit down to ve endless coffeessss................

need more discussions..........
Wa des, this discussions open to everyone or only you and paulie?..
welcome welcome to join, berd-lie... :partyman:
wow! can see e old birds coming back to accord forum........

2cubed, u still driving accord? I hope not............ muhahahaa.... :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

panaracer wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:
2cubed wrote: Wa des, this discussions open to everyone or only you and paulie?..
welcome welcome to join, berd-lie... :partyman:
wow! can see e old birds coming back to accord forum........

2cubed, u still driving accord? I hope not............ muhahahaa.... :lol: :lol:
Yea man still the same ole car. Couldn't find a suitable replacement so. Just carry on lor. Car has been good, even the wife doesn't want to let it go.

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Fri May 24, 2013 9:34 am

2cubed wrote:
panaracer wrote:wow! can see e old birds coming back to accord forum........

Yea man still the same ole car. Couldn't find a suitable replacement so. Just carry on lor. Car has been good, even the wife doesn't want to let it go.
exactly...I too have been looking for replacement, but no car come close...so did not understand whr pana is coming from...hahaha.
Pls dont ask me for wkshop, as I know none...I only know it is safer and faster to fix cars on my own.

panaracer
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by panaracer » Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am

cl7teckie wrote:
2cubed wrote:
panaracer wrote:wow! can see e old birds coming back to accord forum........

exactly...I too have been looking for replacement, but no car come close...so did not understand whr pana is coming from...hahaha.
ha ha, mr paul. u need not understand whr I m coming from, cos in e first place, I like cl7 n didn't say anything bad abt it. jus voicing out my regrets for selling mine, esp I bought it new. jus jealous to see old frds still keeping their cl7s. :oops: so I must "poison" them to rid off la....... hahhaa :D :D :D
ImageImage

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Fri May 24, 2013 2:34 pm

panaracer wrote:ha ha, mr paul. u need not understand whr I m coming from, cos in e first place, I like cl7 n didn't say anything bad abt it. jus voicing out my regrets for selling mine, esp I bought it new. jus jealous to see old frds still keeping their cl7s. :oops: so I must "poison" them to rid off la....... hahhaa :D :D :D
haha...too chiem for me to understand...I understand k20 better... :rock:
Pls dont ask me for wkshop, as I know none...I only know it is safer and faster to fix cars on my own.

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 am

panaracer wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:
2cubed wrote: Yea man still the same ole car. Couldn't find a suitable replacement so. Just carry on lor. Car has been good, even the wife doesn't want to let it go.
ha ha, mr paul. u need not understand whr I m coming from, cos in e first place, I like cl7 n didn't say anything bad abt it. jus voicing out my regrets for selling mine, esp I bought it new. jus jealous to see old frds still keeping their cl7s. :oops: so I must "poison" them to rid off la....... hahhaa :D :D :D

Ha ha ... this one don't need to worry. Been trying to poison myself many times liao. Past couple of times were interesting but still ultimately ineffective. Latest I tried to up dosage was a Citroen C4.... nice motor especially the 1.6 turbo but too small for me. so far its been a up down thing. Just can't find the right mix yet....

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sat May 25, 2013 10:46 am

2cubed wrote:
panaracer wrote:
cl7teckie wrote: exactly...I too have been looking for replacement, but no car come close...so did not understand whr pana is coming from...hahaha.

Ha ha ... this one don't need to worry. Been trying to poison myself many times liao. Past couple of times were interesting but still ultimately ineffective. Latest I tried to up dosage was a Citroen C4.... nice motor especially the 1.6 turbo but too small for me. so far its been a up down thing. Just can't find the right mix yet....
Ah... but the question remains... how long more...will you renew COE? No need to ask for my answer as the Euro R will be handed over in a few hours' time.

My time with the CL7R has been very good -- super reliable and involving to drive. Some wear and tear issues (door actuators) and the car has never left me stranded -- even the idle control valve, which needed replacing, didn't cripple the car -- needed a few more cranks to restart.
ImageImageImage

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Sat May 25, 2013 5:52 pm

ml2spin wrote:
2cubed wrote:
panaracer wrote:ha ha, mr paul. u need not understand whr I m coming from, cos in e first place, I like cl7 n didn't say anything bad abt it. jus voicing out my regrets for selling mine, esp I bought it new. jus jealous to see old frds still keeping their cl7s. :oops: so I must "poison" them to rid off la....... hahhaa :D :D :D

Ah... but the question remains... how long more...will you renew COE? No need to ask for my answer as the Euro R will be handed over in a few hours' time.

My time with the CL7R has been very good -- super reliable and involving to drive. Some wear and tear issues (door actuators) and the car has never left me stranded -- even the idle control valve, which needed replacing, didn't cripple the car -- needed a few more cranks to restart.
I hear ya.... That's why the search intensifies... Have around a year and a half to go....Glad you have finally solved your dilemma. Renewing seems not really worth it. maybe do like what chia did? I hope to do the same eventually when my time comes. I do think the IAV issues on our rides stem from using aftermarket filters. Have cleaned mine out several times over the years and note that the rotary shaft is extremely dirty and tends to stick.

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sat May 25, 2013 11:38 pm

2cubed wrote:
ml2spin wrote:
2cubed wrote:

I hear ya.... That's why the search intensifies... Have around a year and a half to go....Glad you have finally solved your dilemma. Renewing seems not really worth it. maybe do like what chia did? I hope to do the same eventually when my time comes. I do think the IAV issues on our rides stem from using aftermarket filters. Have cleaned mine out several times over the years and note that the rotary shaft is extremely dirty and tends to stick.
CL7 to CL7? The youngest ones are 2008 units, but more Euro Rs than autos??
ImageImageImage

2cubed
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by 2cubed » Mon May 27, 2013 9:50 am

ml2spin wrote:
2cubed wrote:
ml2spin wrote: Ah... but the question remains... how long more...will you renew COE? No need to ask for my answer as the Euro R will be handed over in a few hours' time.

Thats just my wishful thinking.. I dunno, guess will continue til its really time. Mebbe a new mazz 6. Still like sedans to SUV.

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 am

ml2spin wrote:
2cubed wrote:
ml2spin wrote: Ah... but the question remains... how long more...will you renew COE? No need to ask for my answer as the Euro R will be handed over in a few hours' time.

Yup, I think the last Euro R's are 2008s. No more after that.

It will be a painful decision to see which car to get. Hopefully Honda will do another Euro R. The Euro S looks good however, no K20A.