Rear Brake

Home Of The Accordians
BMWCAR
5000rpm
5000rpm

Rear Brake

Post by BMWCAR » Mon May 13, 2013 10:51 am

Hi ! Guys.

I have 4 Pots BBK for front and stock brake with EBC Green Stuff Brake Pad for rear.

Plan to upgrade the rear brake.
Any good recommendation? Budget ~$500 to $800 only.

Thanks.

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

Watch your brake bias ...
Pls dont ask me for wkshop, as I know none...I only know it is safer and faster to fix cars on my own.

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 am

cl7teckie wrote:Watch your brake bias ...
Our brake bias is already gone when we have upgraded the front :P

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am

XiaoNick wrote:
With EBD, adding front bias, is very diff from adding rear bias. The software was never taking into account for any rear bias, if any. And, I do not pull "handbrake" on a straight dive brake.

Well, just be advice-ed...
Pls dont ask me for wkshop, as I know none...I only know it is safer and faster to fix cars on my own.

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Tue May 14, 2013 11:46 am

cl7teckie wrote:
XiaoNick wrote:
With EBD, adding front bias, is very diff from adding rear bias. The software was never taking into account for any rear bias, if any. And, I do not pull "handbrake" on a straight dive brake.

Agree with you. But I don't think the car will spin even if he has upgraded the rear brakes.

But interesting will be if the front has activated EDB but the rear has not. Hmm....

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Wed May 15, 2013 1:32 pm

XiaoNick wrote:
cl7teckie wrote:
XiaoNick wrote: Our brake bias is already gone when we have upgraded the front :P

Agree with you. But I don't think the car will spin even if he has upgraded the rear brakes.

But interesting will be if the front has activated EDB but the rear has not. Hmm....
Firstly..there are cases of CL7 with upgraded rear spin out of control. But whether it is purely due to upgraded rear brakes, I cannot tell, as no telemetry data is available. Up 2 u to do calculation. I am just providing serious advise.

EDB ....What's that? EBD, u mean?

And on ur comment on front activate EDB and rear has not.....errr, I don't understand where u coming from...you know what is EBD?

hammerdin
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by hammerdin » Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 pm

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Thu May 16, 2013 2:01 am

cl7teckie wrote:
XiaoNick wrote:
cl7teckie wrote: Witdrums , adding front bias, is very diff from adding rear bias. The software was never taking into account for any rear bias, if any. And, I do not pull "handbrake" on a straight dive brake.

Agree with you. But I don't think the car will spin even if he has upgraded the rear brakes. Maybe just upgrading the rear pads and the disc brakes will do. Our FF cars are mainly are front brake biasing and we do not want to cause overbraking or make the rear to lock up which will cause it to oversteer.

Firstly..there are cases of CL7 with upgraded rear spin out of control. But whether it is purely due to upgraded rear brakes, I cannot tell, as no telemetry data is available. Up 2 u to do calculation. I am just providing serious advise.

EDB ....What's that? EBD, u mean?

And on ur comment on front activate EDB and rear has not.....errr, I don't understand where u coming from...you know what is EBD?
Yes I know what is EBD. Sorry for the typo bro. I am assuming if the front has upgraded brakes then the EBD distributes more force to the front. Won't it be better if the rear has upgraded brakes?

I'm sure that Honda has already did proper testing with the stock euro r brakes under heavy braking EBD along with ABS, etc will work fine.

But since we have already upgraded the front for most bros, won't it help if we upgrade the rear? Of course I am not talking about putting 4 pots brake calipers at the rear.

In my previous car civic es which does not have EBD. I went from stock brakes to preludes which was too harsh as I found that one big pot really throw off the brake biasing. I went to upgrade the rear from drums to disc brakes with ep3 rear which helped a little.

Eventually I went to upgrade the front with a vttr mini 6 pot which I found to be the best combination. Of course , I am no expert on this. Just wasting money on my brakes and speaking with my 2 cents worth of knowledge.

dann
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by dann » Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

2 of my friends who's driving CL7R also feel like upgrading the rear.
with budget like that, guess upsize rear rotor will be nice.
either 303 or 330mm.

SpeedMaster1979
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by SpeedMaster1979 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am

Can try RUNSTOP as i am on the front upgraded kit and they have also rear brake upsize for CL7A & R

It is only upsizing of bigger rotor & using your stock brake comparing to having BBK, this is a cheaper & equally effective alternative
Speed is nothing without control

dann
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by dann » Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 am

runstop quite ex right?

tckeong
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by tckeong » Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 pm

SpeedMaster1979 wrote:Can try RUNSTOP as i am on the front upgraded kit and they have also rear brake upsize for CL7A & R

It is only upsizing of bigger rotor & using your stock brake comparing to having BBK, this is a cheaper & equally effective alternative
Bro where to get RUNSTOP replacement disc for A&R? Thanks

SpeedMaster1979
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by SpeedMaster1979 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 pm

dann wrote:runstop quite ex right?
I got my front set up, upsize 328mm rotor with "dogbone" bracket to push my stock caliper + NANO brake pads less than $800 for the set up if I am not wrong couple of years ago. It has the look of big rotor and braking power definitely a lot better than stock

Till date, it is still serving me very well.

During that time, I am also considering about installing big brake kit but in order to change, I need to change my rims (which I am not willing to do so as it is my favourite mesh design rim, but it can't clear + additional $$$ spent exclude the BBK and it is gonna to cost me a bomb

The plus point & consideration is that I am still using my stock brake caliper hence I will not have issue find the aftermarket brake pad if using BBK and also the cost will be very much higher than stock size. In another words, I can choose whatever brands of brake pads I want & it will be based on my stock caliper

Lastly, I do not have to keep my stock brake calipers in my store and hard time selling off :wink:
Last edited by SpeedMaster1979 on Thu May 16, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpeedMaster1979
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by SpeedMaster1979 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:28 pm

tckeong wrote:
SpeedMaster1979 wrote:Can try RUNSTOP as i am on the front upgraded kit and they have also rear brake upsize for CL7A & R

Bro where to get RUNSTOP replacement disc for A&R? Thanks
Hi bro,

You can call Vincent at 90278686. He has advertisement in Fit jazz club but not here

http://sg-fit-jazz.com/forum-phpbb3/php ... d14d69689e

You can find my car(Graphite Grey CL7A) in the below thread

http://sg-fit-jazz.com/forum-phpbb3/php ... 8&start=45

Disclaimer: I am not related to him in any way or interest. Just providing personal feedback & help in whatever I can,

Cheers!

cl7teckie
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by cl7teckie » Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

XiaoNick wrote: I am assuming if the front has upgraded brakes then the EBD distributes more force to the front. Won't it be better if the rear has upgraded brakes?
No, it is not that straight-forward just abt bias alone. And EBD software does not work like what you said. Biasing to the front with our EBD is good, but cannot say likewise about the rear....