Unanswered topics Active topics

BBK advise

Home Of The Accordians
EasternCanuck
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by EasternCanuck » Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 am

Nothing I have read, anywhere, indicates that bigger brakes will make you stop faster. The OP said his OEM brakes didn't stop him in time and he hit an Audi. I don't think BBK would make a diff in this instance.

From everything I have read, BBK or bigger brake kits are only effective when used a lot, like on a track, and then they are better and more effective with heat.

Why waste the money (unless you're on track or high speed/high barking a lot)?

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:22 am

EasternCanuck wrote:Nothing I have read, anywhere, indicates that bigger brakes will make you stop faster. The OP said his OEM brakes didn't stop him in time and he hit an Audi. I don't think BBK would make a diff in this instance.

From everything I have read, BBK or bigger brake kits are only effective when used a lot, like on a track, and then they are better and more effective with heat.

Sorry bro I beg to differ. I dont track, just some spirited driving and I dont read this or that but what I want to share my experience. First BBK was Spoon, then Alcon since 2007 January, and this is the single most satisfied upgrade Ive done to the car.

If I can do 1 mod to my car only, it will be Alcon BBK, not the cams, not the ECU, not the camber, not the struts and bars etc. A very close fight to the BBK is a good set of tyres.

Cheers
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:00 pm

hifi1 wrote:
EasternCanuck wrote:Nothing I have read, anywhere, indicates that bigger brakes will make you stop faster. The OP said his OEM brakes didn't stop him in time and he hit an Audi. I don't think BBK would make a diff in this instance.

Sorry bro I beg to differ. I dont track, just some spirited driving and I dont read this or that but what I want to share my experience. First BBK was Spoon, then Alcon since 2007 January, and this is the single most satisfied upgrade Ive done to the car.

If I can do 1 mod to my car only, it will be Alcon BBK, not the cams, not the ECU, not the camber, not the struts and bars etc. A very close fight to the BBK is a good set of tyres.

Cheers
Yes, I concur. I remember our bros here giving their feedback before and after installing BBK.

It does makes a difference.
Chaning to BBK helps in straight line braking but not forgetting it is making it more fwd brake bias too.
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

Jeremy(west)
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by Jeremy(west) » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Alcon BKK no regret
BR
Jeremy(west)
-----------------------------------
Keep personal ego a side make our Singapore street safe

PigNick
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by PigNick » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Gentlemenss...

I dunno why TS is asking for advice on brands of BBK to change dat got u guys arguing/discussing abt which brand is best???

Fm his initial post, its obvious his car's problem is vibrations fm wheel section n not abt BBK since he has changed almost everything related to dat section!

So his major concern shd be...? (i cant answer bcos i'm not a mechanic)
救命啊 !!
我å±

akuma19
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by akuma19 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm

why read? test it yourself... e-brake with OE brakes and BBK.