8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 pm

deanlim wrote:Just got the kit this evening.... :roll:

Stock just came in, those wanting to get it, do it quick..... :lol: :lol:

regards
Wa...tts fast. Almost every forthnight.

The BBB virus is spreading... DEEP.... :P :P
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

naimster
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by naimster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Those who had gotten it pls feedback...wanna make sure the gain it's not psychological. :lol:

trickster
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trickster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 am

Guys, look what I had found. Heard from a Mechanic years back abt this lighten pulley before and tts why till now I don't even come close to it. I might be wrong.
Cheers!

http://www.machv.com/tip11cranpul.html

And this.....

Check it out!!!http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine ... lleys.html

Waterbottle
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Waterbottle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:51 am

trickster wrote:Guys, look what I had found. Heard from a Mechanic years back abt this lighten pulley before and tts why till now I don't even come close to it. I might be wrong.
Cheers!

http://www.machv.com/tip11cranpul.html

And this.....

Check it out!!!http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine ... lleys.html
hmmm. Tis prob enhance my suspicion. My previous ride I got max velocity crank puly. My compressor head kaput, shaking n rotating n caused belt to tear. Tats was abt 3yrs later after installation. The feel is definitely great. But an aircon compressor is a bit too much risk to take imho cos ex. Anyway it.s still not proven extensively.

I'm back with a vengenance....

naimster
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by naimster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1272226

Here's a thread specifically discuss on the impact of this mod on Honda. There's equal arguments on the risks from both extreme. You decide if it's worth taking the risk...

IMHO, Toda is a reputated engineering outfit who have even have their own higiher performance versions of K20A. My thoughts would be that they would have tested this extensively and considered such risks. The only documented risk they publish is the risk of alternator not being fully charged causing flat battery.

trickster
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trickster » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:41 am

Had check with a Japanese parts dealer before that Toda is only a small contractor in Japan. Those big 1s are Spoon and Mugen.

naimster
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by naimster » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 am

trickster wrote:Had check with a Japanese parts dealer before that Toda is only a small contractor in Japan. Those big 1s are Spoon and Mugen.
I didn't say they are big. But they are reputated alright....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toda_Racing

KuroCL7R
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by KuroCL7R » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am

after reading some info about underdrive pulley at hondatech forum, a honda technician said that u can either change to lightweight pulley OR lightweight flywheel. can't do both as it'll affect the crankshaft balance. is it true? does anyone has changed the lightweight flywheel (usually comes w/ performance clutch) and Toda underdrive pulley together?

trickster
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trickster » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Bro, no choice, market demand and profit margin that counts.
I just input it for everyone's info only. Cheers!

lwkee
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by lwkee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 pm

KuroCL7R wrote:after reading some info about underdrive pulley at hondatech forum, a honda technician said that u can either change to lightweight pulley OR lightweight flywheel. can't do both as it'll affect the crankshaft balance. is it true? does anyone has changed the lightweight flywheel (usually comes w/ performance clutch) and Toda underdrive pulley together?
I'm using Toda lighten flywheel (with uprated full face clutch, exedy made), Toda underdrive pulley together with 5.1FD (FD2R oem part). Personally I go mainly with Toda when it comes to engine parts. No problem so far. It fact the car run smoother after putting in the underdrive pulley (the effect of engine brake due to 5.1FD seems lesser). Will it affect the long term reliability? Well...I guess time will tell:)

pReTeNd3R
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by pReTeNd3R » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm

lwkee wrote:
KuroCL7R wrote:after reading some info about underdrive pulley at hondatech forum, a honda technician said that u can either change to lightweight pulley OR lightweight flywheel. can't do both as it'll affect the crankshaft balance. is it true? does anyone has changed the lightweight flywheel (usually comes w/ performance clutch) and Toda underdrive pulley together?
I'm using Toda lighten flywheel (with uprated full face clutch, exedy made), Toda underdrive pulley together with 5.1FD (FD2R oem part). Personally I go mainly with Toda when it comes to engine parts. No problem so far. It fact the car run smoother after putting in the underdrive pulley (the effect of engine brake due to 5.1FD seems lesser). Will it affect the long term reliability? Well...I guess time will tell:)
Then how about your torque after install?
ImageImage

lwkee
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by lwkee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 pm

pReTeNd3R wrote:Then how about your torque after install?
Depends on how we define engine power/torque output. When one say power at crank or torque at crank, beside the tranmission losses do we include the power cosumed to drive the alternator/compressor etc? The engine itself (exclude crank pulley etc) still produces the same amount of power/torque. However, since the inertia of the crank pulley is reduced (the same objective of putting in the lighten flywheel), coupled to the lower reflected load inertia from the alternator, compressor etc due to the higher speed reduction ratio, lesser torque is consumed to accelerate those load. More torque is available to accelerate the car.

I do feel the car more responsive and pickup faster.