Whistling sound when braking - CL7A

Home Of The Accordians
dcmc27
1000rpm
1000rpm

Whistling sound when braking - CL7A

Post by dcmc27 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi,

Recently I replaced new brake pads and every time I step on the brakes I hear soft-squeaking sounds more like a kettle whistling, I even had the brake disc schemed. After few weeks the whistle sounds are back permanently.

Any advice? Any good mechanic you guys can recommend to go get it checked out and fixed? The sound is getting kinda annoying....

Thanks!
dcmc

6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Whistling sound when braking - CL7A

Post by 1110 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:53 pm

dcmc27 wrote:Hi,

Recently I replaced new brake pads and every time I step on the brakes I hear soft-squeaking sounds more like a kettle whistling, I even had the brake disc schemed. After few weeks the whistle sounds are back permanently.

Any advice? Any good mechanic you guys can recommend to go get it checked out and fixed? The sound is getting kinda annoying....

Thanks!
dcmc
I also changed to a new brake pad last month. Got the same prob as u... but now no more.

I think u need to brake-in (bedding) your new pad. I went to a safe road and do 8 to 9 hard brakes until I smell my pad burning (burn smell) then I stop and let my brake rest.

(From 90km/h hard brake to 10km/h release brake immediately and repeat again for 8 to 9 times or until u smell burn... then quickly stop and let it cool to norm temp. Don't use ur brake anymore let it cool and so call "form")

Becareful on where u do this... can be v dangerous to others road user...

Above is just my way of braking in.... seem to work for me. Do a search in the net and u got even more idea...

Gingerfish
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Gingerfish » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm

I got this problem too after changing brake pads while running on stock rotors. Didn't want to skim rotor hence change to new rotors, problem gone after run in for 2 weeks. New pads if harder compound usually need mating with rotors first. :lol: