Unanswered topics Active topics

CL7R blog: All good things.... pg 60

Home Of The Accordians
lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37 pm

ml2spin wrote:Funny -- I thought I was on page 79 of this mini-blog?

Anyway, personal milestone reached: just went past 200,000km mark -- car went for simple servicing and mechs tell me the original engine mounts are still ok/good!! :wink: Must be my underwhelming pussyfoot driving!!

So coming up the car's 8th birthday and that means raod tax and insurance time? Any suggestions for 3rd party? Renewal notice is for $900+++

like tt not worth it leh... mine is still 1st party and I just renewed mine. $1080.

Wif tt in mind, my excess is high to some lah... $2.5K, iirc.
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Anyway, personal milestone reached: just went past 200,000km mark -- car went for simple servicing and mechs tell me the original engine mounts are still ok/good!! :wink: Must be my underwhelming pussyfoot driving!!

So coming up the car's 8th birthday and that means raod tax and insurance time? Any suggestions for 3rd party? Renewal notice is for $900+++
Suay ah!! Only discovered today that car was leaking engine oil!!! Luckily Ah Heng's shop was open... went down and found that oil filter seal had failed and the car lost 1.5L of oil over the past 3 days.

Was too careless to notice leak on carpark floor until today and the leak wasn't bad enough to trigger Defi meter warning.
ImageImageImage

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

looks like there will be a few of us driving all the way to the end of our COE life....damn that means come 2014/2015 there will be many buyers....OMG....like that COE price how to drop?

BlackKnight_CM5
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by BlackKnight_CM5 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Luckily it's just the filter seal and not other "unforseen" stuff. :?
ml2spin wrote:

Suay ah!! Only discovered today that car was leaking engine oil!!! Luckily Ah Heng's shop was open... went down and found that oil filter seal had failed and the car lost 1.5L of oil over the past 3 days.

Was too careless to notice leak on carpark floor until today and the leak wasn't bad enough to trigger Defi meter warning.

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 am

All good things must end... 8 years 8 months = that marks the end of my Euro R journey.

IMG_0906 by ml2spin, on Flickr
IMG_0900 by ml2spin, on

It has been a good and faithful mechanical servant and provided much entertainment and driving pleasure over the years...

Now needs and wants have changed, and the reasonable PARF value + still high COE + impending costs of wear/tear replacements = new used ride, which will be more of a beast of burden, comfy barge than the executive bengster sedan that was the Euro R.
IMG_0920 by ml2spin, on Flickr

So for those still enjoying the CL7, both auto and Euro R, treasure it as it isn't easy finding a suitable replacement within the same segment/class, which is why I took me so long to let go until I came around to the idea of driving an SUV/MPV.

So I shall stop this mini-blog here.
Last edited by ml2spin on Sun May 26, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Bimmer wrote:looks like there will be a few of us driving all the way to the end of our COE life....damn that means come 2014/2015 there will be many buyers....OMG....like that COE price how to drop?
Bimmer,

you are not alone. I will be with you guys too... My fren drivin R just chg ride too to 525.

He too misses the R.

Now's my turn to renew rd tax...

:) :)
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Tue May 28, 2013 2:13 pm

ml2spin wrote:All good things must end... 8 years 8 months = that marks the end of my Euro R journey.

IMG_0900 by ml2spin, on

It has been a good and faithful mechanical servant and provided much entertainment and driving pleasure over the years...

Now needs and wants have changed, and the reasonable PARF value + still high COE + impending costs of wear/tear replacements = new used ride, which will be more of a beast of burden, comfy barge than the executive bengster sedan that was the Euro R.

So for those still enjoying the CL7, both auto and Euro R, treasure it as it isn't easy finding a suitable replacement within the same segment/class, which is why I took me so long to let go until I came around to the idea of driving an SUV/MPV.

Ian....end already? so fast?

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Tue May 28, 2013 2:16 pm

lfwd15 wrote:
Bimmer wrote:looks like there will be a few of us driving all the way to the end of our COE life....damn that means come 2014/2015 there will be many buyers....OMG....like that COE price how to drop?
Bimmer,

you are not alone. I will be with you guys too... My fren drivin R just chg ride too to 525.

He too misses the R.

Now's my turn to renew rd tax...

:) :)
haha...me too...just renew rd tax...2 more years to go before i put my car to rest...

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by XiaoNick » Tue May 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Hard to find a replacement car.

If I want a easy to maintain with a car that is manual at around 220 horses and spacious enough at an affordable cost.

Closest I can think is the type-S. But that's 2.4 litre with only 200hp.

Hopefully Honda will resurrect the Euro-R again. Maybe K-series with a light turbo for Euro-R ?

nitnoy
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by nitnoy » Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

XiaoNick wrote:Hard to find a replacement car.

If I want a easy to maintain with a car that is manual at around 220 horses and spacious enough at an affordable cost.

Closest I can think is the type-S. But that's 2.4 litre with only 200hp.

Hopefully Honda will resurrect the Euro-R again. Maybe K-series with a light turbo for Euro-R ?
light turbo for Euro R, sounds good, then you will start to upgrade to a bigger turbo and higher boost too lolxxx

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Bimmer wrote:
ml2spin wrote:All good things must end... 8 years 8 months = that marks the end of my Euro R journey.

IMG_0900 by ml2spin, on

Ian....end already? so fast?
Because want to have more rear seat and boot space + worried about big ticket repairs...
ImageImageImage

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Wed May 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Sigh :( Ivan just triggered a mini-bout of seller's remorse when I went over today to collect documents and new licence plates -- he resprayed the car silver and took off the "carbon" stickers and relaquered the hood = now the car looks so good!!!

Not posting pixs because it's a hassle and to protect his privacy since I can't be bothered to blank out the plates.
ImageImageImage

deanlim
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by deanlim » Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

ml2spin wrote:Sigh :( Ivan just triggered a mini-bout of seller's remorse when I went over today to collect documents and new licence plates -- he resprayed the car silver and took off the "carbon" stickers and relaquered the hood = now the car looks so good!!!

Not posting pixs because it's a hassle and to protect his privacy since I can't be bothered to blank out the plates.
now it's up for sale..... :lol:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info ... 06&DL=1000

regards

wankie
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by wankie » Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

deanlim wrote:
ml2spin wrote:Sigh :( Ivan just triggered a mini-bout of seller's remorse when I went over today to collect documents and new licence plates -- he resprayed the car silver and took off the "carbon" stickers and relaquered the hood = now the car looks so good!!!

regards
that was fast...
i don't know what it is but i want one

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm

wankie wrote:
deanlim wrote:

regards
that was fast...
:shock: :? :roll:

Ah well... honestly too much hassle/$$/time needed to dekit the car properly as what's left on the car needed proper tools AND stock parts to swop out. So it's worth a try for him to try and sell it.
ImageImageImage