Vibrating steering wheel when braking

Home Of The Accordians
sililo
3000rpm
3000rpm

Vibrating steering wheel when braking

Post by sililo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Dear all,

I am having problems with my brakes recently, it tends to vibrate a lot when I step on it especially from high speed to lower speed.

I used to have this problem but when I changed my brake pads, the issue went away.

Now after 1 year, the problem is back again. I suspect it is the disc rotor that is warped.

I would to ask for advise if anyone knows whether I should have the disc skimmed or change the disc rotor?

If I were to change, anyone can advise where to get the original disc rotors and how much will it costs?

Mach
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Skim?

Post by Mach » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Purist would tell you not to skim for safety reason. Skimming was not intended by manufacturer.

However if you wish to save cost you can ask yr mechanic to assess if skimming can be carried out looking at yr brake disc condition.

XiaoNick
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Re: Vibrating steering wheel when braking

Post by XiaoNick » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20 am

sililo wrote:Dear all,

I am having problems with my brakes recently, it tends to vibrate a lot when I step on it especially from high speed to lower speed.

I used to have this problem but when I changed my brake pads, the issue went away.

Now after 1 year, the problem is back again. I suspect it is the disc rotor that is warped.

I would to ask for advise if anyone knows whether I should have the disc skimmed or change the disc rotor?

If I were to change, anyone can advise where to get the original disc rotors and how much will it costs?
Disk rotor warp. Get new rotors.

zhelinm
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by zhelinm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 am

Normally its not warp rotor. Its obvious it is not warp rotor when the problem goes away when you change pads. Check out the article for more info.

http://www.race-essentials.com/vibrations_under_braking