Alternator spoilt common wear & tear?

Home Of The Accordians
fokph
1000rpm
1000rpm

alternator

Post by fokph » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 am

Hi,

I have changed to a recon alternator about 2 weeks ago. Voltmeter reading still will drop below 11V and quite unstable every day, especially reverse, braking on slope, cornering, etc. Driving normally with aircon on and turning on ICE... This recon one has 1 month warranty. Battery changed 6 months ago.

Btw, there is a bad smell every morning startup for the past 1 week. Aircon also not cold liao since this morning. (Not sure if the smell and aircon are related to the alternator?)

Please advise me if I should change to new one.

Thanks!

Yaloryalor
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Yaloryalor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 pm

2 days ago suddenly hear a strange noise when I switch on the engine especially when I stepped on the accelerator.

When to SKM and ah Heng told me my alternator spoiled liao.

Paid $350 for a recon unit and problem solved.

kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by kobane » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Yaloryalor wrote:2 days ago suddenly hear a strange noise when I switch on the engine especially when I stepped on the accelerator.

so you're the white CL7 i saw that day at SKM :)

He mentioned to me about your alternator problem when he took my car for test drive.
Drink... Drive.
Bloody idiot.

Yaloryalor
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Yaloryalor » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:46 pm

kobane wrote:
Yaloryalor wrote:2 days ago suddenly hear a strange noise when I switch on the engine especially when I stepped on the accelerator.

He mentioned to me about your alternator problem when he took my car for test drive.
You are the white R?

kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by kobane » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Yaloryalor wrote:
kobane wrote:

You are the white R?
good memory, bro.

your "problem" seems more common, according to him.

mine is the odd one. hope he nicked it at the root. it's giving me headache haha.
Drink... Drive.
Bloody idiot.

Yaloryalor
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Yaloryalor » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am

kobane wrote:
Yaloryalor wrote:
kobane wrote: so you're the white CL7 i saw that day at SKM :)

You are the white R?
good memory, bro.

your "problem" seems more common, according to him.

mine is the odd one. hope he nicked it at the root. it's giving me headache haha.
Nice to see you!

Prelude
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Prelude » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi bros just to check how long it takes to change it? Also beside SKM the other workshop at sim ming is at which level.

My problem seems to be Alternator going to spoil as well. Just yesterday whie trying to make a turn my sterling wheel feels heavy and my radio just off by itself and on by itself again.

Everything is stock has not done any mod to mine car. After reading through what had happen i think i must go get it check as well.

zhihong
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by zhihong » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Prelude wrote:Hi bros just to check how long it takes to change it? Also beside SKM the other workshop at sim ming is at which level.

My problem seems to be Alternator going to spoil as well. Just yesterday whie trying to make a turn my sterling wheel feels heavy and my radio just off by itself and on by itself again.

Everything is stock has not done any mod to mine car. After reading through what had happen i think i must go get it check as well.
You got batt logo coming out from yr meter side indicator there?
If got, alternator up lorry Liao.

Prelude
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Prelude » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:15 pm

zhihong wrote:
Prelude wrote:Hi bros just to check how long it takes to change it? Also beside SKM the other workshop at sim ming is at which level.

You got batt logo coming out from yr meter side indicator there?
If got, alternator up lorry Liao.
Nope bro did not seethe batt logo from my meter.... Thanks for this info will look out for this as well!!!! 8)

Gymrat76
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Gymrat76 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:00 am

Last time I had that problem, I had my battery changed and it all went away.. lights, console, power steering etc.. sounds like the same thing..

Prelude
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Prelude » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 am

Gymrat76 wrote:

Last time I had that problem, I had my battery changed and it all went away.. lights, console, power steering etc.. sounds like the same thing..
Bro thanks for ur feed back. Dun think its my batt cos i just change it in november 2011.
May b i should go back n get my batt check to see is there any problem with it 8)

XsenseX
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by XsenseX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 pm

My alternator starting to up lorry too.

Just want to check any bros actually change to new one before?

I mean, if its around $700, i don't mind get a new one compared to $300 to repair with only 1 year warranty.

zhihong
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by zhihong » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 pm

XsenseX wrote:My alternator starting to up lorry too.

Just want to check any bros actually change to new one before?

I mean, if its around $700, i don't mind get a new one compared to $300 to repair with only 1 year warranty.
Try ubi , Blk 3005, batt shop. Heard from one of our bro here got it new + labour @ $610 total damage..

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by YEN96 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 am

Is it advisable to change battery & alternator together ??

Cos i understand if either one not good ...both will die prematurelty hahaha

wankie
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by wankie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

finally my turn for alternator to kaput after 5 years. got it changed at Kian Teong at Sin Ming Autocare, $480 for a new one. Not sure how much was labour as i did a bunch of other stuff as well since the car was in.
i don't know what it is but i want one