Unanswered topics Active topics

very Bad experience with JSPEC. (doing body kit)

Automobile related topics
stanmac
2000rpm
2000rpm

very Bad experience with JSPEC. (doing body kit)

Post by stanmac » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi mod duuno if this is a correct place to post. if not can moved to other thread.

Sharing experience to all,

I just did my ride abt a month ago at JSPEC. tot i had a great deal for my CTR body kit..(don go for CHEAP THRILL!!!) but unpleasant things follows after that.

1. order my bk and go down (jurong) for colour matching/measurement and spraying. realise its not their garage. they are just a third party bring in the kit. ok nvm look decent.

few days later
2. leave car there for a day for installation and went back office... sudden mid day in office got a call saying my rear bumper cannot fit!! due to my mugen exhaust. siao liao!! no choice took LEAVE and rush down.. told me my alignment of exhuast cant fit their rear bumper "hole". i say " how that be!!...", initally i came down and they took all measurement and told me sure swee swee no prb can fit. Ask me cut my mugen exhaust i say no way!!! my exhuast almost more expensive than the bodykit!
i then ask a question. boss u got do this bodykit before? He said yes but "NOT IN SINGAPORE". first time bring in sg. previously did in taiwan. no wonder some parts they not too sure. so i became the first "experimental" pig.

lan lan stuck there with the mechanic to solve. told me bring back my exhuast workshop do cos they dunno how, i siao bo waste my time = have to come down jurong and drag a few days more. tried a few ways and manage to got it solve with some cutting and bending. NVM bo bian at tt time of time. drag her and there till almost 10PM... at last get my bodykit done.

few more days later
3. eh realise my front bodykit spray wrong color. the skirting ard the wire mesh shout be black. called JSPEC boss to let him know he say ok can bring down spray tt part.
Due to my work commitment in bank bo bian no time have to arrange a free again. cos too far (jurong). cannot any how take leave.

few more days later..
4. bodykit colour becoming more yellowish... hmmm not rite. i tot maybe due to rain and dirt... Arrange for a grooming service by a bro here to groom the car swee swee. After grooming swee swee but realise bodykit colour really yellowish.. siao liao..
call JSPEC and told them the problem.
here the reply:

" hi stanley please call "XXX Garage" to verify on this. we are unable to directly answer this cos we do not do the spraying." first thing come to my mind... siao bo i buy things from u and u tell me lias with another 3rd party, how can that be. told them since i buy from u, please do the arrangement for me. they say okie and will check with the garage.

another few more days later

" hi stanley u gotta bring down to the garage to let them see. if they realise its is really yellowish they will respray for u. BUT U NEED TO PAY for IT"
huh!! meaning i have to bring the car down all the way to jurong, take leave from office and let them decide if it is their fault and if it is i have to pay to rectify the problem!!!!!
told them no way i am going to pay for this.
all this follow by a few days discusion with this JSPEC boss and in the end he decide he will absorb the cost. since all this has cause me some much time lost dragging here and there. cause i am the first to do this bodykit with him. all abt goodwill and customer service. i said ok next week i take leave and go settle the respraying. don mind the time since i waited closed to a mth and juz want it done swee swee.

today
JSPEC secretary called.
"stanley, i will arrange a time for u to go down to the garage to let them see and decide again if need respray and CHARGE accordingly."

HUH!!! i already arrange with ur boss and i repeat my story again.

the secretary insist they will not absorb the cost as this is not their prb. and said i should have told them on the first day! hello.... decoloration don happen at once you know....

"stanley you have to go down the garage and let them decide. we really cant abosrb the cost and u will have to bear it. we can not ask them to neg disocount a bit," i told her to check with her boss but she keep insisting the boss told her about my problem and she know all. obviously she don. the conversation become pointless. she told me to check with the workshop and discuss with them.

As i am in the service line, i told her this is not the way to do biz. I buy things from u, now things turn out not right. u ask me go the manufactuerer??? Meaning i still have to go argure with the work shop??? C'mon its suppose to be one point of service not that i buy my bodykit from u and i find my workshop and do. Since i buy from them and paid them w/o bargaining, i shld expect a level of service given to me. this is not few dollars items....
Rather than going back all the way and pay them to DECIDEif they wan stray for me, i rather pay to other workshop who can give me a better service.

end of story... now lan lan suck thumb.... lesson learnt.... this lesson has cost me time and money wasted..

Stan

F1Racing
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by F1Racing » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 pm

how much u spend?

stanmac
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by stanmac » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 pm

F1Racing wrote:how much u spend?
about 1300

SS2000
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by SS2000 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm

stanmac wrote:
about 1300
really feel sorry for u,bro :? :(

pioneerpc
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator

Post by pioneerpc » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am

omg.. 1300 to me is an extremely big deal.. i confirm go down and hammer the boss..

so in the end.. u lived with the yellowish or paid more for another workshop to spray to the correct colour?
stanmac wrote:
about 1300
ESI 2010-2012
Fit 2012-2013
DC5 2013-2014
Colt R 2014-2014
EK4 2014-2016
Wrx 2016-2017
Jazz 2017-2017
GTI 2017 -

killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by killersupra » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:39 am

Irresponsible boss...
C-Rex Revival

VientoGDI
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by VientoGDI » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:04 am

eh... You bent your Megen exhaust ?

stanmac
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by stanmac » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:58 am

VientoGDI wrote:eh... You bent your Megen exhaust ?
no lah where will i allow that to happen. juz shift some catch on the car to correct the position...

i still waiting for them to sort it out for me.. lucky the garage boss contact me and willing to come to me to view the paint before deciding...

Fit696
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Fit696 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:26 pm

WTF is this man....... :evil: :evil:

jun430
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by jun430 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:25 pm

the workshop so big cant run away,if is me i rather dun want him pay me back but will hammer him..

killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by killersupra » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:39 pm

jun430 wrote:the workshop so big cant run away,if is me i rather dun want him pay me back but will hammer him..
Bro so fierce lol :D
C-Rex Revival

tanvin13
Idling
Idling

Re: very Bad experience with JSPEC. (doing body kit)

Post by tanvin13 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 pm

stanmac wrote:Hi mod duuno if this is a correct place to post. if not can moved to other thread.

I just did my ride abt a month ago at JSPEC. tot i had a great deal for my CTR body kit..(don go for CHEAP THRILL!!!) but unpleasant things follows after that.

1. order my bk and go down (jurong) for colour matching/measurement and spraying. realise its not their garage. they are just a third party bring in the kit. ok nvm look decent.

few days later
2. leave car there for a day for installation and went back office... sudden mid day in office got a call saying my rear bumper cannot fit!! due to my mugen exhaust. siao liao!! no choice took LEAVE and rush down.. told me my alignment of exhuast cant fit their rear bumper "hole". i say " how that be!!...", initally i came down and they took all measurement and told me sure swee swee no prb can fit. Ask me cut my mugen exhaust i say no way!!! my exhuast almost more expensive than the bodykit!
i then ask a question. boss u got do this bodykit before? He said yes but "NOT IN SINGAPORE". first time bring in sg. previously did in taiwan. no wonder some parts they not too sure. so i became the first "experimental" pig.

lan lan stuck there with the mechanic to solve. told me bring back my exhuast workshop do cos they dunno how, i siao bo waste my time = have to come down jurong and drag a few days more. tried a few ways and manage to got it solve with some cutting and bending. NVM bo bian at tt time of time. drag her and there till almost 10PM... at last get my bodykit done.

few more days later
3. eh realise my front bodykit spray wrong color. the skirting ard the wire mesh shout be black. called JSPEC boss to let him know he say ok can bring down spray tt part.
Due to my work commitment in bank bo bian no time have to arrange a free again. cos too far (jurong). cannot any how take leave.

few more days later..
4. bodykit colour becoming more yellowish... hmmm not rite. i tot maybe due to rain and dirt... Arrange for a grooming service by a bro here to groom the car swee swee. After grooming swee swee but realise bodykit colour really yellowish.. siao liao..
here the reply:

" hi stanley please call "XXX Garage" to verify on this. we are unable to directly answer this cos we do not do the spraying." first thing come to my mind... siao bo i buy things from u and u tell me lias with another 3rd party, how can that be. told them since i buy from u, please do the arrangement for me. they say okie and will check with the garage.

" hi stanley u gotta bring down to the garage to let them see. if they realise its is really yellowish they will respray for u. BUT U NEED TO PAY for IT"
huh!! meaning i have to bring the car down all the way to jurong, take leave from office and let them decide if it is their fault and if it is i have to pay to rectify the problem!!!!!
all this follow by a few days discusion with this JSPEC boss and in the end he decide he will absorb the cost. since all this has cause me some much time lost dragging here and there. cause i am the first to do this bodykit with him. all abt goodwill and customer service. i said ok next week i take leave and go settle the respraying. don mind the time since i waited closed to a mth and juz want it done swee swee.

today
JSPEC secretary called.
"stanley, i will arrange a time for u to go down to the garage to let them see and decide again if need respray and CHARGE accordingly."

the secretary insist they will not absorb the cost as this is not their prb. and said i should have told them on the first day! hello.... decoloration don happen at once you know....

"stanley you have to go down the garage and let them decide. we really cant abosrb the cost and u will have to bear it. we can not ask them to neg disocount a bit," i told her to check with her boss but she keep insisting the boss told her about my problem and she know all. obviously she don. the conversation become pointless. she told me to check with the workshop and discuss with them.

As i am in the service line, i told her this is not the way to do biz. I buy things from u, now things turn out not right. u ask me go the manufactuerer??? Meaning i still have to go argure with the work shop??? C'mon its suppose to be one point of service not that i buy my bodykit from u and i find my workshop and do. Since i buy from them and paid them w/o bargaining, i shld expect a level of service given to me. this is not few dollars items....
Rather than going back all the way and pay them to DECIDEif they wan stray for me, i rather pay to other workshop who can give me a better service.

end of story... now lan lan suck thumb.... lesson learnt.... this lesson has cost me time and money wasted..

Stan
Bro, What is the material is your CTR kit?

K1@
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by K1@ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 pm

SS2000 wrote:
stanmac wrote:
about 1300
really feel sorry for u,bro :? :(
I understand how u feel, spend money and time to buy more headache and frustration :!: :!: :!:

I had similar incident like yours in year 2003 when i was driving my EK4 with a famous wkshop in amk (not going to mention any names here). It was a ball bearing problem at the power steering pump that was causing unusual noise and they told me it's the water pump problem. So they started reparing and after 4 hr, noise still there... told me parts are new, blah blah.. need few days... after few day still got noise. I went to 5 different workshops and ask them to trouble shoot. Confirmed it's not waterpump and timing belt issue. I was :evil: and went bk to original workshop and tell them. They simply taiji here and there. :x :x :x ... continue their blah blah and so & so... Enough, lesson learnt for me. I end up spending on unnecessary repair and the fact is they are unethical workshops still out there... beware. Don't trust other easily, always seek second or third opinions before committing.

Maybe at that time, they see me got P-plate on my EK4, so noobie = carrot time???

tanvin13
Idling
Idling

Re: very Bad experience with JSPEC. (doing body kit)

Post by tanvin13 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:17 am

stanmac wrote:Hi mod duuno if this is a correct place to post. if not can moved to other thread.

few days later

few more days later

few more days later..
here the reply:

today
JSPEC secretary called.

Stan
Got pic to show? A picture speak a thousand words

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by weaver87 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:45 am

Yo, sad to hear abt your disappointments.

Yes, that place needs to be boycott and forum moderators should delete their advertisements if they have and ban them!

Btw, I like yr words used..."lan lan n suck thumb"...LOL.