Unanswered topics Active topics

New proud owner Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute, help needed

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

New proud owner Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute, help needed

Post by johnnykok » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 pm

We just booked a new Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute Nighthawk Black Pearl last weekend, and now waiting for delivery.

Found out that this car is missing a few things that I need, so need to MOD in aftermarket, so need help from the bros here.

How can we get this screen inside our Odyssey EXV Absolute ?
By johnnykok at 2007-06-26

Any where we can get this keyless entry, with this, I believed it will be auto lock once you are away from the car, or wat other good brand in Singapore ?

What device to add to provide auto mirror fold when car is locked ? Hopefully it will link with the keyless entry as above

What device to add to provide auto tilt when reverse gear ?

Please advice contacts, address and cost including installation, thanks in advance

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by johnnykok » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:04 pm

I thou there are >70 bros driving odyssey in this forum, none of you is looking into these upgrade ? :roll:

Please help, thanks

tazster_t
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Location: Second star to the right...and straight on 'til morning.

Post by tazster_t » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:10 pm

I think the auto tilt when in R gear can be found in one of those ads in hotstuff mag or some other mag... saw it.. but dun have the itch leh...

there's also a pdt called ipalm or something... worth taking a look if you're into these devices...

alanwee
Idling
Idling

Re: New proud owner Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute, help needed

Post by alanwee » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Johnny

OK let's see. Where shall we start?

Just to clarify: Is it a double-DIN cavity that you need, and what they are giving you is a built-in sound system with volume controls on your steering?

If this is the situation, you can splash out some bucks by getting a new dash top with a double-din. This ends up looking like last year's Odyssey model (the one with the double-DIN sticking up from the dash rather than flush).

Such substitute dashes are clearly available since I've seen this done in someone else's car. I don't know where he went to get it done; but I think it was a parallel importer who sold the 200bhp Odyssey.

As for the rest of your questions, I'd like to know the answer myself!

[quote="johnnykok"]We just booked a new Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute Nighthawk Black Pearl last weekend, and now waiting for delivery.

Found out that this car is missing a few things that I need, so need to MOD in aftermarket, so need help from the bros here.

cleanwipe
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by cleanwipe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi bro johnny,

welcome to ODY club.

As for above mod ..... so far did not see anyone doing it ..... anyone there.
If you're looking at other mod ...... don't worry, you're in the right place as long as you pocket is deep enough. :twisted: :twisted:
Take 1 step at a time to enjoy your ride...

:lol: :lol:

johnnykok wrote:I thou there are >70 bros driving odyssey in this forum, none of you is looking into these upgrade ? :roll:

Please help, thanks

mpv
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mpv » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 pm

for autofold and reverse auto tilt, try wishwerk at payalebar (seen their advertisement somewhere...).

Keyless entry - ?hwa keat.

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by johnnykok » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi tazster_t & mpv, thanks, I will go and buy hotstuff mag and check wishwerk out.

Hi alanwee, I order the KM Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute which come with a built-in sound system with volume controls on your steering, but this picture should be a flush model and not the double-DIN, Image
By johnnykok at 2007-06-29

The KM (EX) model still comes with double-DIN and also the JDM absolutes and I prefer the new flush look, but can not go with DVD, GPS ......, hope to find this locally

alanwee
Idling
Idling

Post by alanwee » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:35 pm

hi Johnny

If you find the answer you're looking for; definitely keep me posted as I am keen to do this too. The EXV Absolute model that KM is providing replaces the built-in screen you see in your picture; with a lid storage space. I'd much rather have the screen; can do so much with it. When I bought my Nissan Cefiro it had the Japan-supplied screen and that's the way it should have been with the KM version as well.

In my view, KM should have loaded whatever options they could have to make this a top MPV. Having used the Nissan Cefiro "smart key" for a couple of years I can vouch for how it's made my family's life much better :lol: For our local Hondas, though, I think it was all about cutting costs and maximizing profits; sadly. Of course, a clever marketing spiel by the official dealers would turn this around and say it's because if it's spoilt outside of warranty period; the cost of repair to you would be so tremendous it's better not to have all the frills in the first place; we wanted you to bring maxi8mum affordability to you; we have many people who complained about thee gadgets, etc. :wink:

johnnykok wrote:Hi tazster_t & mpv, thanks, I will go and buy hotstuff mag and check wishwerk out.

Hi alanwee, I order the KM Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute which come with a built-in sound system with volume controls on your steering, but this picture should be a flush model and not the double-DIN,

The KM (EX) model still comes with double-DIN and also the JDM absolutes and I prefer the new flush look, but can not go with DVD, GPS ......, hope to find this locally

alanwee
Idling
Idling

Post by alanwee » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi Johnny

Look what I found after checking the Hwa Keat Autokey website:

http://www.autokey.sg/index.php?option= ... 0&Itemid=1

Looks like there's a bulk buying discount. Count me in if you can get another 2 interested parties within a week from today - thanks

Alan

[quote="johnnykok"]Hi tazster_t & mpv, thanks, I will go and buy hotstuff mag and check wishwerk out.

Hi alanwee, I order the KM Honda Odyssey EXV Absolute which come with a built-in sound system with volume controls on your steering, but this picture should be a flush model and not the double-DIN, Image
By johnnykok at 2007-06-29

/quote]

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by johnnykok » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:36 am

I Think KM is unwise to strip off the smart key & screen, as these are basics to high end car or european car. KM surely save lots of cost by replacing the screen with lid storage and I believed it can be done if KM wants to.

If customer can afford a 90+k vehicle, wat is the extra 1k for these options ?

Really hope that KM does visit this forum and know wat their customers are expecting and bring in these options SOON.

As for hwa keat autokey, there are no pictures and I will give a skip as I am still waiting for my car

dtec_1975
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by dtec_1975 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:20 am

I believe they remove the screen is more to do with the workability of GPS unit outside of Japan than saving money. Australia also has the flush mount stero. It's a pain to upgrade the stero system.

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by johnnykok » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:18 pm

I have not collected my car yet, but I believed by removing the lid storage space, it should have a double-DIN space for DVD screen, GPS system, reverse camera and more.

Will check with my workshop once I have the car

starparis
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by starparis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am

johnnykok wrote:I Think KM is unwise to strip off the smart key & screen, as these are basics to high end car or european car. KM surely save lots of cost by replacing the screen with lid storage and I believed it can be done if KM wants to.

Really hope that KM does visit this forum and know wat their customers are expecting and bring in these options SOON.

As for hwa keat autokey, there are no pictures and I will give a skip as I am still waiting for my car
I am also hunting for the same display as you had mentioned.
Most of the bro here owned a pre-fl model, so a 2 DIN HU is not an issue to them.
I believe that you can actually indent it from KM, but the cost is going to be very high.
Let me know if you manage to find it.

oomph
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by oomph » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 am

starparis wrote:
johnnykok wrote:I Think KM is unwise to strip off the smart key & screen, as these are basics to high end car or european car. KM surely save lots of cost by replacing the screen with lid storage and I believed it can be done if KM wants to.

I am also hunting for the same display as you had mentioned.
Most of the bro here owned a pre-fl model, so a 2 DIN HU is not an issue to them.
I believe that you can actually indent it from KM, but the cost is going to be very high.
Let me know if you manage to find it.
count me in too - posted thissome time back.

johnnykok
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by johnnykok » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Got good news from KM, managed to get COE in the 1st bid, now waiting for the shipment