Unanswered topics Active topics

Running colder

orangehonda
2000rpm
2000rpm

Running colder

Post by orangehonda » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Running colder

Intake Air Temperature (IAT) is one of the values listed in the OBD reader.

I come across many forums on users installing CAI (Cold air intakes) or fancy intakes and filters. Most of the time, their fuel economy are screwed.

My thought path isn’t that far as i am walking nearer to CAI principle simply by wanting to separate the two welded pipes of the breather pipe assembly (Item 3 in the diagram above).

I want to run colder intake air.

My initial belief then was that the intake air which is creating vacuum, is taking in heated fumes from the crankcase, and from the valve cover before receiving into the air box, mixing with engine bay air (which is hotter than the ambient air).

And the breather pipe that is transporting the heated fumes into the air box is joined with the coolant tube. The coolant tube is hot about 88deg.C (190deg.F). Since they are joined, it would mean heat is passed on through conduction.

===

Assumption: If i can bring down the intake air temperature (IAT) from running condition of 50 deg.C / 122 deg.F (My ambient outside temperature is about 32 deg.C / 89 deg.F) the engine would run better*

Full article at
http://orangehonda.tumblr.com/post/9651 ... ure-iat-is