Unanswered topics Active topics

COILOVERS

Home Of The CrossroadeRs
MisterGribbles

COILOVERS

Post by MisterGribbles » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 am

Hi guys, first post here in the forum. I had my crossroad for a few years now, purchased a LX 2.0 which had 15k mileage (Im still suspicious at that) at an insanely cheap price. So im seeking some advice here regarding installing coilovers. Unfortunately, for some reason all the posts here that ive managed to find is very 'vague' in which coilover is compatible with out model other than 'maybe stream one can/try bc racing/go ask that workshop etc'. Ive even come across posts which says 'PM me if you want to know which one can use'. Big secret issit? :)
Really appreciate if you guys can help me out here. Im looking at some Tein Street Advance because our car is seriously very bumpy and i need to get some comfort back into the car. I have to order it in so i really need to get it right the first time. If this topic has already been discussed then real grateful if i can be directed to the correct link. Thanks so much guys.

nAEs
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nAEs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Wouldn't coilovers make the car even bumpier (presuming you are on stock suspension at the moment)? When I got my Crossroad about 1 year back, I did contemplate on changing the suspension. Searched online and also asked some workshops. I believed there is no direct fit coilovers available in the market for the Crossroad. The closest will be BC Racing? This will need some modification (I was told). I decided to stick to stock and I have not regretted this decision.

Kev10
3000rpm
3000rpm

Dampers

Post by Kev10 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi Guys, can I check if anyone knows if the crossroad dampers are gas filled? My ride seems to be sitting lower and the rear damping effect not so effective. Workshop recommending I replace the rear springs as well to increase the ride height back to normal. If the dampers are gas filled and have leaked out, replacing the dampers alone might fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.

neonleon
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by neonleon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:18 am

It is oil filled gas charged. The air pressure is not to push the car to the right height but for damping effect.
The height is spring coil related.
Check 4:17 min of my video:
Rear Strut Assembly: http://youtu.be/zdhfbJ2FpPs

Kev10
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Kev10 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank for the reply and enlightening video. Came at the right time. I just replaced the rear absorbers yesterday and confirmed that the car is sitting slightly higher now. so it could be that over time, the gas does leak out (my car is 5+ years old). Unfortunately I forgot to measure the before and after wheel clearance.

michael_hots
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by michael_hots » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Kev10 wrote:Thank for the reply and enlightening video. Came at the right time. I just replaced the rear absorbers yesterday and confirmed that the car is sitting slightly higher now. so it could be that over time, the gas does leak out (my car is 5+ years old). Unfortunately I forgot to measure the before and after wheel clearance.
Hi bro! Care to share where u replace yr rear absorber and price? I might needa hv them replaced as well...probably front also...

Kev10
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Kev10 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey Bro, just sent you a PM. I got the shocks from TS but had it installed at my usual workshop. I believe that shock absorber install is quite standard stuff which most workshops can handle.

neonleon
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by neonleon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:52 am

Kev10 wrote:Thank for the reply and enlightening video. Came at the right time. I just replaced the rear absorbers yesterday and confirmed that the car is sitting slightly higher now. so it could be that over time, the gas does leak out (my car is 5+ years old). Unfortunately I forgot to measure the before and after wheel clearance.

Thanks. Interesting to know the damper does help the height of whole strut.

I normally check xrd height when pumping air. Just nice fit my fist vertically between wheel n fender.