Singapore Honda Cars Club HONDA CARS FOR SALE Singapore Honda Cars Club SINGAPORE CLASSIFIEDS Singapore Honda Cars Club SINGAPORE EXPAT FORUM Singapore Honda Cars Club SINGAPORE STREET DIRECTORY
Singapore Honda Cars Club
Google
Singapore Honda Cars Club View posts since last visit | View your posts | View unanswered posts 
dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  

RYO2000
5000rpm
5000rpm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts Reply with quote

Actually relacquer my bonnet before...was done at this shop at tampines industrial park....was quite satisfied with the outcome but did not last as long as i expected...maybe 6 to 9 mths...does different quality of lacquer or different quality of labour make a difference ? my car does sun tan often enuf..what sort of protection do u guys use for your lacquer or carbon protection? Btw, was only charged 100 bucks vs a reputable workshop's quotation of min 250 depending on condition....
need to relacquer my bonnet,boot n side mirror asap as they look like pretty bad now... thks for any suggestions
Sponsor

J.R.ETi
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts Reply with quote

RYO2000 wrote:
Actually relacquer my bonnet before...was done at this shop at tampines industrial park....was quite satisfied with the outcome but did not last as long as i expected...maybe 6 to 9 mths...does different quality of lacquer or different quality of labour make a difference ? my car does sun tan often enuf..what sort of protection do u guys use for your lacquer or carbon protection? Btw, was only charged 100 bucks vs a reputable workshop's quotation of min 250 depending on condition....
need to relacquer my bonnet,boot n side mirror asap as they look like pretty bad now... thks for any suggestions

Both labour and type of lacquer do make a difference. I am using JuzzColour's ex painter "Man Zai". Think Jyogi complimented him as well.

He is using PPG lacquer (Lambo's paint supplier), which has a superb shine and protection. However, his price is definitely higher than those sub-par standards.

Pm'ed you his contact should you choose to engage him.

7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts Reply with quote

dude, can pm me his contacts too?

Although i'm quite happy with my workshop at ubi that did the relacquer for my bonnet which was burnt beyond recognition...

doesn't hurt to have more contacts... thks

sleep when you're dead...
RYO2000
5000rpm
5000rpm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts Reply with quote

Thks alot...
J.R.ETi wrote:
RYO2000 wrote:

Both labour and type of lacquer do make a difference. I am using JuzzColour's ex painter "Man Zai". Think Jyogi complimented him as well.

He is using PPG lacquer (Lambo's paint supplier), which has a superb shine and protection. However, his price is definitely higher than those sub-par standards.

Pm'ed you his contact should you choose to engage him.
YEN96
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me Man zai contact
JackOfTradez
5000rpm
5000rpm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too pls Very Happy
RYO2000
5000rpm
5000rpm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

group relacquer for better price?? haha
s2kfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too pls, thanks.
YEN96
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: dilemma where to relacquer my carbon parts Reply with quote

RYO2000 wrote:

$100 which shop ? , i want to relacquer cheap.
J-AP2
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

1990 Nissan Skyline GTR32

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Mun zai is reasonable and does decent work. If it's not done properly and reasonably their fault, he will redo the job.

Long time no see boys! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Singapore Honda Club Forum Index -> S2000 All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1 View posts since last visit | View your posts | View unanswered posts

Jump to: