Unanswered topics Active topics

How much petrol can be squeezed into ES5 tank?

Civic model year 2000 -2005
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:00 pm

2 weeks ago, saw a Q7, sneakly putting 95 (yellow noolze), I tod Q7 gotta use premium.

This morning on the way back tio saman, dare not gib kopi $.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Petrol cost alone, 1 litre already save 60 cents, add toll, add time and distance...quite significant. Considering that I go from brim to almost half every 2 to 3 days. I can save 2 to 3 trips every month. Some people might think cheapo or not worth it. I think what for let the govt make the money. Got money also not like that throw.

And when spark meet petrol, it won't blow up.

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:39 pm

fred59 wrote:2 weeks ago, saw a Q7, sneakly putting 95 (yellow noolze), I tod Q7 gotta use premium.

This morning on the way back tio saman, dare not gib kopi $.
My Malaysian Frd kennah before, give kopi $ saman still come.

I see before tt pumping $20 95, heard before Ferrari pump 92

Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:39 pm

MCDS wrote:Do check the floor around your car after you pump in 70Litres...

:lol:

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm

joelwong wrote:Petrol cost alone, 1 litre already save 60 cents, add toll, add time and distance...quite significant. Considering that I go from brim to almost half every 2 to 3 days. I can save 2 to 3 trips every month. Some people might think cheapo or not worth it. I think what for let the govt make the money. Got money also not like that throw.

ok spark meet petrol fumes then if you want to be so exact

it's not cheepo to try to squeeze 45+7 litres into a 50 litre tank? you can pump in 50 total fuel into your ES5 tank is already quite a feat...

tell you what to do but dun get caught... go Thailand or northern Malaysia - convert to a CRV fuel tank, or a Accord fuel tank... can hold 70 litres no problem

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:36 pm

MCDS wrote:
joelwong wrote:Petrol cost alone, 1 litre already save 60 cents, add toll, add time and distance...quite significant. Considering that I go from brim to almost half every 2 to 3 days. I can save 2 to 3 trips every month. Some people might think cheapo or not worth it. I think what for let the govt make the money. Got money also not like that throw.

ok spark meet petrol fumes then if you want to be so exact

it's not cheepo to try to squeeze 45+7 litres into a 50 litre tank? you can pump in 50 total fuel into your ES5 tank is already quite a feat...

tell you what to do but dun get caught... go Thailand or northern Malaysia - convert to a CRV fuel tank, or a Accord fuel tank... can hold 70 litres no problem
Aiyah, nvm not getting constructive, when u need to run my kind of mileage out of your own pocket then maybe u will understand.

So 70 litres on stock es5 tank is not possible?

Anyway, the reason why I am starting this thread is because on my previous cars, full means full. Not full means not full. Very standard, after first click, pump another 8 litres, it's full Liao.
This car a bit funny, full already, level will still go down, pump some more, level still go down. I seem to be like pumping into a bottomless pit like that.

That's y I am curious.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

joelwong wrote:
Aiyah, nvm not getting constructive, when u need to run my kind of mileage out of your own pocket then maybe u will understand.

So 70 litres on stock es5 tank is not possible?

Anyway, the reason why I am starting this thread is because on my previous cars, full means full. Not full means not full. Very standard, after first click, pump another 8 litres, it's full Liao.
This car a bit funny, full already, level will still go down, pump some more, level still go down. I seem to be like pumping into a bottomless pit like that.

That's y I am curious.
Lets make it very brief here, unless you stay very close to the border, den wu hua, slightly above half tank I believe they will let you tru, if you never got warning b4 can try, the most kanna fk only. Fine oso 100-200. Dont try the alternative. :mrgreen: Den you think every weekend and holiday jam jam jam bcos jb food jin ho jiak or shopping bery bery cheep. All bcos of pak yiu.

Like wat Krado says, its like coca cola pour full glass, after the bubbles die down you got only 3/4 glass.

Sorry borrow your thread, :mrgreen:

Saw in wanbao bad accident last nite, all in tiong language, figured out one woman and a 14 yrs old son died on the spot, raining at Pagoh almost reaching JB town, worth it????

During my friday trip up kl, very seldom I drive in the day, notice sinkie drivers kee siao when they saw open road, rain or no rain, from QQs to Ferraris, all will stay outside lane hogging or full paddle, racing each other forgetting they are on holiday.

I hit the highway around 6am in the morning, already sg plates are all overing taking me like Im stationery, by 8am I believe a few hundreds sg plates have already overtaken me. The only car that did not over take me is another white ES which I donno him, left him at Ayer Keroh R&R. Know your car b4 hitting the throttle, drive safe. Another two lives wasted.

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Worth it or not is subjective, and that's not the topic here. If I am just commuting to and fro work everyday, or got company to claim mileage, I probably wouldn't be bothered to pump jb petrol. Dunno is it placebo, local petrol feels more powerful.

Like it or not, accidents do happen. I have seen quite a fair share of accidents on the nsh, mostly due to reckless driving. It's not worth to speed, end of the day, so what if you are faster, still got to get stuck at customs, or kennah stop by polis.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

bro joelwong

dun get me wrong. It's ok to try to put all you can into your petrol tank.

the factory spec of the ES series Civic is 50 litres. you want to push it, people ever pump in 52 litres from almost dry tank i.e. zero odo at first flicker of fuel warning light, drive till your 8 litre reserve is dry i.e. 12km per litre x 8 litres = 96km... those pushing 100km and crossing to jb are really taking a risk, and if caught it's your own fault.

so at that level you can pump in up to 52 litres squeezing every last space of air and pumping at very slow speed in the heat of the day, or hopefully truely so in the dead of the night, considering fuel does expand in the heat of the day...

in anyways your 'bottomless' part is because of the escape valve in the ES, but I have ever pump to the brim before and with that it's just your patience i guess... it's not recommended la... that extra one or so litre extra won't save you very much. since you pumping in malaysia again next round, you will not be really spending one or two more days out...

as to milage, I suppose you are a high milage driver? 40,000 km per year? or 60,000km?

not many can do that ... highest I know so far are two salesmen ES drivers clocking 250,000 km in 7 years... I also clocked 220,000 km in 7+ years... and I am not a salesman nor do i get to claim for my fuel nor have I affected a claim even tho I can because most of my driving is NOT for official biz...

maybe that's peanuts to you...

my first timing belt change was 18 months after I got my ES... from odometer 000000 km. so don't think we not counting fuel cost... but to go to that kind of extreme to squeeze every last drop possible into the fuel tank is imho... not worth the effort nor the time...

if you have any idea of your milage, first time top to brim, light on = used 42 litres 8 litre reserve. you will know your average fc for 42 litres... and calculate your remaining 8litre range. with that you move in at final 15km range and top up shud be near 48 litres or a bit more. hit that volume of petrol enough la... then squeeae a bit more for good luck and trickle out a bit on the floor lor... no need to blind fill leow ma...

do you understand the para above?

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Don't really understand, but nvm, I see if I can do 7 litres without seeing petrol on the floor, then I come back here report.

If u are really interested in my mileage, I collected my car on 22 feb, till date already a bit short of 8k.

fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by fred59 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm

joelwong wrote:Worth it or not is subjective, and that's not the topic here.
Worth it or not, I meant speeding in the nshw lah, not pak yiu in jb.

7 ltrs can achieve, late in the night when petrol is more dense and a bit of time sure can. But heard that pump to the brim not very good especially when not using your car, park under the sun, petrol will expand.

Bigger tank and smaller tank no diff, bigger tank higher cc, smaller tank smaller cc equate to square one. Only can remember one car 1.6cc with a 70-80ltrs tank, the old big backside corolla CD. This model comes wif a 2ltr version oso.

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am

Just came back...4 litres, cannot go Liao. No humping.

My previous car, vw bora. 55 litres tank, 10l after the first click.
First car, chery qq. 35 litre tank, 8l after the first click.

I have seen a proton wire pumping 300 over rm of petrol near the Thai border. I was told these people bring the petrol and sell.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:53 pm

joelwong wrote:Just came back...4 litres, cannot go Liao. No humping.

My previous car, vw bora. 55 litres tank, 10l after the first click.
First car, chery qq. 35 litre tank, 8l after the first click.

I have seen a proton wire pumping 300 over rm of petrol near the Thai border. I was told these people bring the petrol and sell.

These are just their car reserve fuel space, and placement and shape of the fuel tank.

first click to brim should be as little as possible - meaning you do get full tank leow when it clicks.

as to the 300 Litre pump - you can already guess - they put lorry fuel tank in that car lor... conversion to alternate fuel tank and sacrifice space and maybe even safety you can have huge fuel tank...

if you converted your entire boot space into a fuel tank i.e. no spare tyre and no speaker whole space is a fuel tank... you have a 400 litre boot... you can put up to another 400 litre of fuel into your car technically.

can you drive it? petrol is heavy... gonna seriously affect handling, braking, and fuel economy hauling such a load around...

don't even want to mention safety...

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm

joelwong wrote:

If u are really interested in my mileage, I collected my car on 22 feb, till date already a bit short of 8k.

47 days - 8,000 km
works out to 170km per day.

so you do about 62,000 km per year if you drive 170km every single day.

that is high milage indeed - *respect* - you are 'transporter'? or taxi driver? hee hee hee ... hey dun angry... just joking only...

120km a day once in a while I done before but not constantly... so my average per year is only 40,000km but one year drive very very little ... so the average dropped to 31,000 km per year over the entire spread...

first 3 years, clocked over 120,000 km averaging 40k... you drive so much and NO claiming? wa... you must be doing the Thailand run regularly... :)

joelwong
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by joelwong » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:38 pm

MCDS wrote:
joelwong wrote:

47 days - 8,000 km
works out to 170km per day.

so you do about 62,000 km per year if you drive 170km every single day.

that is high milage indeed - *respect* - you are 'transporter'? or taxi driver? hee hee hee ... hey dun angry... just joking only...

120km a day once in a while I done before but not constantly... so my average per year is only 40,000km but one year drive very very little ... so the average dropped to 31,000 km per year over the entire spread...

first 3 years, clocked over 120,000 km averaging 40k... you drive so much and NO claiming? wa... you must be doing the Thailand run regularly... :)
no choice....
not taxi driver, but insurance agent.
i stay sengkang, everyday send my wife to work at dover, then go to office at tampines, run around during office hour, 5 plus pick my wife up, at night still run around. and i go up to pataling jaya once every 2-3 month.