wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Re: Rims for Jazz 09

Post by wpyeo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

kopiguni wrote:
AlanZ wrote:
kopiguni wrote:Hello bros,

i'm a newbie and thinking of getting a new set of rims for my Jazz but i recently visited one shop and was told our Jazz not easy to find 16 inch rims as the offset only 43 or 45 can make it.

Not too sure how this can affect the Jazz as the brakes dont seem too big to me. So is it true? Anyone changed rims with other offsets and faced problems?
Its not the brakes but the whells will protrude out if u get offset less than tat n u may encounter fender buaing if offset is wrong..
Thanks Alanz bro! Yeah thats what he said will happen but i just checked with Kah and they told me the Jazz should be 40. So =>40 will be alright correct?
who u spoke to? u can call again and ask the KM ppl to go F spider. since when did GE Jazz's offset is 40??? :roll:
ImageImage

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by AlanZ » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:24 pm

kopiguni wrote:
AlanZ wrote:

i'm a newbie and thinking of getting a new set of rims for my Jazz but i recently visited one shop and was told our Jazz not easy to find 16 inch rims as the offset only 43 or 45 can make it.

Not too sure how this can affect the Jazz as the brakes dont seem too big to me. So is it true? Anyone changed rims with other offsets and faced problems?
Its not the brakes but the whells will protrude out if u get offset less than tat n u may encounter fender buaing if offset is wrong..

Thanks Alanz bro! Yeah thats what he said will happen but i just checked with Kah and they told me the Jazz should be 40. So =>40 will be alright correct?
Stock 16 x 6 is at +53, ask the Kah person dun misrepresent..

barthez
Idling
Idling

PLs HELP

Post by barthez » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi all,

Sorry i'm a newbie in car mob. Can anyone define wat is high/low end and FC? THKS
FIT MONSTER!

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: PLs HELP

Post by AlanZ » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 pm

barthez wrote:Hi all,

Sorry i'm a newbie in car mob. Can anyone define wat is high/low end and FC? THKS
Low end - lower speed or pick up
high end - higher speed like 90km/h above
FC - fuel consumption

kevin
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: PLs HELP

Post by kevin » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:00 am

AlanZ wrote:
barthez wrote:Hi all,

Low end - lower speed or pick up
high end - higher speed like 90km/h above
FC - fuel consumption
Not really.

Low/High end is usually referenced upon your rpm and not speed.

I can be cruising at 100 km/h, but my rpm is 1.8k.. That's low end still.

derrick_ng2001
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: some modifications tips to share ard..

Post by derrick_ng2001 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:57 am

[quote="fitter_1688"]Air intake, air filter

Air intake(throttle body & manifold)
For our stock Fit 08, I’ve yet to measure the diameter of the throttle body and manifold, if u wan to have a better response, change to a 1.5 throttle body instead of boring the stock throttle body, as we double bore it but the butterfly valve is still the original diameter, it may cause ur idling to be erratic and unstable, plus if u bore it too much the throttle body will become fragile, and if u tighten the air filter too tightly u may damage the throttle body. If u change the throttle body, it would be advisable to bore ur manifold too, if not u won feel the gain and effect, by doing both u will feel that ur engine response would be better den before.

Air filter
For our stock engine, our stock air box is actually good enough as its covered up and won be taking in hot air compared to open pod, I would recommend to change the paper filter to a K&N or Simota drop in filter, by changing dis u will find a slight improvement on ur FC and response, as for those who wan to have a high air flow intake, u may consider open pod, but pls ensure u do up a proper heat shield to prevent hot air getting in, as we know cold air creates better combustion, open pod will let u feel smoother during ur high end but u tends to suffer a little on ur low end and slight increase on ur FC.

Exhaust

Extractor
For stock, we’re using a 4-2-1 extractor, but due to the diameter we may feel restrictive at times, so the best is to change it to a aftermarket extractor, there are 2 kinds currently namely the 4-2-1 and the 4-1, 4-2-1 give u a better low to mid end but not as good in the high end compared to the 4-1 and vice versa the 4-1 give u a good high end but u will suffer during ur low to mid end range, for my personal opinion a 4-2-1 is a better option compare to a 4-1 as we are mostly driving in city, if u were to use a 4-1 extractor u may feel sluggish during ur move off and definitely suffer on ur pick up and FC.

Cat
After the extractor shall be our cat, the most common way to straight thru ur exos is to knock thru ur cat, or u may change to a aftermarket high flow cat, or even remove the cat, but as our car are auto, it will actually slower down our pick up and cause our FC to increase, unless u’re looking for more high end power I would recommend u to knock thru half the cat, u will suffer a little on ur pick up and FC but not as bad as knocking thru the whole cat or change to a high flow cat.

Mid pipe
After our cat shall be the mid pipe, haven got the chance to measure our mid pipe, but it should be quite small, if I’m correct, we can change to a bigger diameter mid pipe, like 1.75â€

derrick_ng2001
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: some modifications tips to share ard..

Post by derrick_ng2001 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:57 am

[quote="fitter_1688"]Air intake, air filter

Air intake(throttle body & manifold)
For our stock Fit 08, I’ve yet to measure the diameter of the throttle body and manifold, if u wan to have a better response, change to a 1.5 throttle body instead of boring the stock throttle body, as we double bore it but the butterfly valve is still the original diameter, it may cause ur idling to be erratic and unstable, plus if u bore it too much the throttle body will become fragile, and if u tighten the air filter too tightly u may damage the throttle body. If u change the throttle body, it would be advisable to bore ur manifold too, if not u won feel the gain and effect, by doing both u will feel that ur engine response would be better den before.

Air filter
For our stock engine, our stock air box is actually good enough as its covered up and won be taking in hot air compared to open pod, I would recommend to change the paper filter to a K&N or Simota drop in filter, by changing dis u will find a slight improvement on ur FC and response, as for those who wan to have a high air flow intake, u may consider open pod, but pls ensure u do up a proper heat shield to prevent hot air getting in, as we know cold air creates better combustion, open pod will let u feel smoother during ur high end but u tends to suffer a little on ur low end and slight increase on ur FC.

Exhaust

Extractor
For stock, we’re using a 4-2-1 extractor, but due to the diameter we may feel restrictive at times, so the best is to change it to a aftermarket extractor, there are 2 kinds currently namely the 4-2-1 and the 4-1, 4-2-1 give u a better low to mid end but not as good in the high end compared to the 4-1 and vice versa the 4-1 give u a good high end but u will suffer during ur low to mid end range, for my personal opinion a 4-2-1 is a better option compare to a 4-1 as we are mostly driving in city, if u were to use a 4-1 extractor u may feel sluggish during ur move off and definitely suffer on ur pick up and FC.

Cat
After the extractor shall be our cat, the most common way to straight thru ur exos is to knock thru ur cat, or u may change to a aftermarket high flow cat, or even remove the cat, but as our car are auto, it will actually slower down our pick up and cause our FC to increase, unless u’re looking for more high end power I would recommend u to knock thru half the cat, u will suffer a little on ur pick up and FC but not as bad as knocking thru the whole cat or change to a high flow cat.

Mid pipe
After our cat shall be the mid pipe, haven got the chance to measure our mid pipe, but it should be quite small, if I’m correct, we can change to a bigger diameter mid pipe, like 1.75â€

wnsim
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by wnsim » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Newbie here also . Changed my rims to 16"
Tyre specs 195/50/6J
Quite safe, doesn't bua fender.

tkp77
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by tkp77 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi...

I got a questions, need help....

I still not sure after reading the forum if I can use VAFC 2 on a GE8?
And can I tune the i-vtec using the VAFC 2?

And is there any recommendation on the tunner?

Cheers,
FT.

louis zhang
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by louis zhang » Fri May 07, 2010 8:03 pm

can i check tt alot of ppl say tt ur car less 100kg is mean tt uu will gain 10hp??