Unanswered topics Active topics

Good and cheaper servicing in JB

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I've been servicing 07 ODC in this workshop eversince my 20K service in KM.

Verdict : Good servicing / much cheaper / most importantly - safe!!!

Just did my 40K here and it's cheaper of more than half the price in KM with better Japan oil.

KM charges me $500++. KM kept calling for me to come to them.

This shop charged me @RM338 (SGD140) for ATF change and servicing - Savings of SGD360

Engine oil used : M7 Super Street Oil (RM158)
(http://www.m7japan.com/m7-product-oil-gt.html)
Oil filter (up to you) : I'm using the normal one (RM10). U can asked for the M7 oil filter if u want.
Labour : RM15-20
ATF : RM 150 (Using the same Honda ATF)
Wheel Alignment : RM18 (All 4 wheels - Using the same computer system and devices as SG. SG is about SGD40)

My advice is u can do alternate servicing in KM and JB. That's what I do normally. But I think I'm going to continue going to this JB workshop from now on coz I see what they service. I can't see what KM does - only see them tick the things they claimed they have checked.

:D :D Can save $$ for family and car in a long run....

ZZOU96

Post by ZZOU96 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Ventus
Do hve the address?

simple
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: Good and cheaper servicing in JB

Post by simple » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 pm

ZZOU96 wrote:Hi Ventus
Do hve the address?
Yes, address pls, thank you
Small, well planned steps might just make you to the finish line faster than you thought possible

abdulwz
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by abdulwz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Yes Brother Ventus, address please...
Better if contact person to look for :lol:

sayhitojason
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by sayhitojason » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:25 am

Ya Bro Ventus, can provide the address and telephone of the shop?

Btw, servicing is cheap but ATF change is only slightly cheaper than SG. I was quoted $70 for ATF change with original Honda oil.

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 am

Sure...no prob.

Sorry for the late reply. Been caught up with work.

Here u go...

Crystal Auto Enterprise
No.6 Lorong Pemuda
Kampung Melayu Majidee
81100 Johor Bahru
Tel : 07-3352385

They are not opened on Monday.

Pls check GPS or the internet for direction.

The only direction I can give is it's on the same route to Carefour or Jusco but half way through. It's after the first Petronas and turn left into the minor road b4 the next Esso. Take left again and move straight. Turn right b4 a school. The shop is on the right.

Once there, just said a black ODC guy who just did servicing and ATF change recommended u the workshop. Not too sure if can give discount but original price is way better than here.

Hope this helps.

sayhitojason
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by sayhitojason » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for the nice tip bro Ventus. Btw, just out of curiosity, how did you come across this place? Was it through recommendation or after a few trial and errors in JB?

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:12 pm

It was a recomendation by my relative. He tried it for few times and found it reliable. I stick to this workshop since Oct 2008 and never looked elsewhere for servicing unless for other mods.

sayhitojason
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by sayhitojason » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks bro. Can't wait to try them. Btw, have you changed fuel filter and fan belt at this workshop before? Was wondering if they know how to change. Not sure if it's the same across all cars. Our Ody is not very common across the border.

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:00 am

sayhitojason wrote:Thanks bro. Can't wait to try them. Btw, have you changed fuel filter and fan belt at this workshop before? Was wondering if they know how to change. Not sure if it's the same across all cars. Our Ody is not very common across the border.
Bro, I've not reached that stage yet. It's best for you to call them or ask them when u r servicing there. Yup, I agree that our ODC is uncommon across the border. Keep us updated bro if u happened to get the ans from this workshop. Tks :D

Ian
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Ian » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:46 am

I changed spark plugs and flush my brake fluid in JB. Was charged RM160 for labour only. Parts and materials all supplied by me. Is that cheap or expensive??

With regards to changing fan belt....Its a relatively simple process on the Odyssey. Was told labour cost is RM20.

MacLife
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by MacLife » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

How about replacement of shocks or torsion bars or ball joints ? anyone tried ? I have this knocking sound that KM couldnt fix for over 3 years
Odyssey unlimited... the never-ending journey of life

driftersiaokid
1000rpm
1000rpm

Servicing in JB

Post by driftersiaokid » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi:
Just want to share my experience here .
Just serviced my car in JB.

Nice place, lots of makan places nearby and most important that "town" is quite new, wont give you those " kenna" robbed feeling ...

This shop specialized in Honda cars ...

Was charged RM360 for
SUMO R1 Drift Master (5W40) Motor Oil
Original Honda Oil Filter
BG110P Friction Fighter Advance Forumula
BG105 Quick Clean for Engine ( Flushing)
Computerized Balancing and Alignment.

Very friendly staff. - After the computerized check, was told that the rear support arm might need to change and ask me to consider changing it as the wear and tear on the tires will not be even. Told them will get back to them and they say since the rear arm is faulty they will need do the alignment .. ask whether I want refund or not and I say no need. Next time they just do back for me after I got the support arm fixed ...

You can Jet Cheng @ +6012 7223531 to check on their pricing.

Was also quote RM75 for Iridium NGK spark Plug.. will replace that next servicing ..

Place is at No. 46 Jalan Tanjung 8/3
Taman Sutera Utama
81300 Skudai, Johor.

PS: Tried the food located just right behind this service centre ... very good ! There is also a Ultra Racing Shop around the corner ..was quoted RM200 for the Honda ODY RB1 Front Strut bar. ..maybe will fixed it there next time ... also got Autoglym and Meguier Polish shop and Carrefour also there... nice and bright place to hang out while the car is serviced.
:D

csgoh
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Servicing in JB

Post by csgoh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm

driftersiaokid wrote:Hi:

Nice place, lots of makan places nearby and most important that "town" is quite new, wont give you those " kenna" robbed feeling ...

Was charged RM360 for

Very friendly staff. - After the computerized check, was told that the rear support arm might need to change and ask me to consider changing it as the wear and tear on the tires will not be even. Told them will get back to them and they say since the rear arm is faulty they will need do the alignment .. ask whether I want refund or not and I say no need. Next time they just do back for me after I got the support arm fixed ...

Was also quote RM75 for Iridium NGK spark Plug.. will replace that next servicing ..

Taman Sutera Utama
81300 Skudai, Johor.

PS: Tried the food located just right behind this service centre ... very good ! There is also a Ultra Racing Shop around the corner ..was quoted RM200 for the Honda ODY RB1 Front Strut bar. ..maybe will fixed it there next time ... also got Autoglym and Meguier Polish shop and Carrefour also there... nice and bright place to hang out while the car is serviced.
Hi Pal,

I also service there. So far had been patronising them for the past 5 servicing.

No regrets!

Rgds,
CS Goh
Speed thrills! But skills!

Tomminator
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Servicing in JB

Post by Tomminator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 pm

driftersiaokid wrote:Hi:

Was charged RM360 for

Taman Sutera Utama
81300 Skudai, Johor.

Hi Bro Driftersiaokid,

Me had the hard time to search the address in GPS.

Think u must have missed out the word 'Sutera'....

The correct address is No. 46 Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3...

Izzit near the Sutera Mall which has Carrefour?

Solli, juz want to confirm hor...

Cheers... :)