Unanswered topics Active topics

Driving into Malaysia

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Driving into Malaysia

Post by jansonfinn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi guys, I'm a new EG6 owner. My friends discourage me to drive into Malaysia.

Just wanna know is it safe to drive into Malaysia & park there? As in going shopping or jalan jalan?

Side track abit......

Yesterday nite went in to top up petrol & managed to see 1 of the yellow EG6 SBW78xx (if i remembered correctly), wanted to wave to you but you was with your gf, so skipped the thoughts. Haha.

Anyway hi to you if you managed to see this post. :)

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Re: Driving into Malaysia

Post by YEN96 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm

jansonfinn wrote:Hi guys, I'm a new EG6 owner. My friends discourage me to drive into Malaysia.
Just wanna know is it safe to drive into Malaysia & park there? As in going shopping or jalan jalan?
Side track abit......
Yesterday nite went in to top up petrol & managed to see 1 of the yellow EG6 SBW78xx (if i remembered correctly), wanted to wave to you but you was with your gf, so skipped the thoughts. Haha.
Any B-Series is NOT RECOMMENDED to park and go shopping.
If you want, your car must be within your sight vision at all times.

Maybe if u wanna try your luck.

Which unit u bought >?> :lol:

jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Driving into Malaysia

Post by jansonfinn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm

YEN96 wrote:
jansonfinn wrote:Hi guys, I'm a new EG6 owner. My friends discourage me to drive into Malaysia.
Side track abit......
Any B-Series is NOT RECOMMENDED to park and go shopping.
If you want, your car must be within your sight vision at all times.

Maybe if u wanna try your luck.

Which unit u bought >?> :lol:
Noted, not worth to try my luck! Haha

Hmm, unit as in?

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by YEN96 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I MEAN WHICH eg6 u bought :lol:

jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by jansonfinn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

YEN96 wrote:I MEAN WHICH eg6 u bought :lol:
Oh, I bought from a direct owner, can't find the link as he already removed the ads posting.

Car plate is SGV108. If anyone knows any history about this car, good or bad, let me know. Wanna understand more about it.

lazykatak
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by lazykatak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 am

personally my car have been broken into and atempted to drive off in malaysia but they cant seem to turn the ignition, even when my car was park in a members only parking lot with gantry and security guard.... but i still do go in regularly.... do add safety feature like wheel and brake lock or sumting if really want to go.... it is not imposible to steal, but it take up more time......

jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by jansonfinn » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:57 pm

lazykatak wrote:personally my car have been broken into and atempted to drive off in malaysia but they cant seem to turn the ignition, even when my car was park in a members only parking lot with gantry and security guard.... but i still do go in regularly.... do add safety feature like wheel and brake lock or sumting if really want to go.... it is not imposible to steal, but it take up more time......
Wow, u r quite daring! Once bitten twice not shy? Hehe

lazykatak
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by lazykatak » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:03 pm

jansonfinn wrote:
lazykatak wrote:personally my car have been broken into and atempted to drive off in malaysia but they cant seem to turn the ignition, even when my car was park in a members only parking lot with gantry and security guard.... but i still do go in regularly.... do add safety feature like wheel and brake lock or sumting if really want to go.... it is not imposible to steal, but it take up more time......
Wow, u r quite daring! Once bitten twice not shy? Hehe
hahaha.... no la bro, its cause i have to go in regularly.... just need to be more carefull.... the syndicate there got trend.... they have demand, at that time it was eg... cause a bro also kena after i kena a few weeks after i warned them abt my incident....

jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by jansonfinn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am

lazykatak wrote: hahaha.... no la bro, its cause i have to go in regularly.... just need to be more carefull.... the syndicate there got trend.... they have demand, at that time it was eg... cause a bro also kena after i kena a few weeks after i warned them abt my incident....
What about further up north like KL or Malacca? Does the syndicate operates the whole of Malaysia or JB only?

Will_SG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Will_SG » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Can deter but cannot prevent.

1) Park Head in (harder to jack up the front and tow off)
2) Steering Wheel Lock to one side (If try tow, the car will swing one sidr)
3) Steering wheel quick release (More troublesome for them to drive off the car)
4) 'Shaved' door key hole (harder to pick the lock, although the pro can do it via the unlocking bar for old car like ours)
5) Professional Alarm system installation (not just throw the alarm unit under the dash..) with 2 way alarm, ignition lock, fuel pump lock. (two way alarm can alert you, if can force open if within distance. Iginition and fuel lock makes it longer to start car)
6) Avoid attracting attention (Rev loud loud, etc)
7) Remove whatever defi, apexi meters u have
8) Change dash board to grey colour type, so they may perceive it as non EG6 ;p

May want to consider GPS tracker.

All this will not guarantee that your car will not be stolen, it will make it less attractive. And if they do decide to strike, hope it take longer for them to do it, so that u MAY be back in time.
Last edited by Will_SG on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

lazykatak
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by lazykatak » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm

jansonfinn wrote:
lazykatak wrote: hahaha.... no la bro, its cause i have to go in regularly.... just need to be more carefull.... the syndicate there got trend.... they have demand, at that time it was eg... cause a bro also kena after i kena a few weeks after i warned them abt my incident....
What about further up north like KL or Malacca? Does the syndicate operates the whole of Malaysia or JB only?
guess should be whole malaysia.... they dun only aim sg cars.... as long as the car is in their list, they will try whatever they can...... im not sure how they really work, but im just guessing....

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by YEN96 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 am

jansonfinn wrote:
Oh, I bought from a direct owner, can't find the link as he already removed the ads posting.
Car plate is SGV108. If anyone knows any history about this car, good or bad, let me know. Wanna understand more about it.
oh..white color and no sunroof one rite...

How is the rider ?? ...car seems quite OK to me.

jansonfinn
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by jansonfinn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 am

YEN96 wrote:
jansonfinn wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

The car is ok, except for the door seals, have to change it due to wear & tear. Any recommended workshop to go to?

Another problem is rev RPM to ard 4 - 5k with aircon on, the check engine lights will appear, is this normal?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 am

personally, I would rig the car to EXPLODE if stolen (all safeties in of course)

nb... those people life worthless... make it a point to blow them up... then see whether they want do it anymore or not...

stolen means gone... blow it up - make sure I lost, you die...

(of course this is a joke la... watch Robocop2? or Robocop3? should really have those car security systems man...)

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by YEN96 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am

jansonfinn wrote:
YEN96 wrote:
jansonfinn wrote: Oh, I bought from a direct owner, can't find the link as he already removed the ads posting.

Yeah, that's the one.
The car is ok, except for the door seals, have to change it due to wear & tear. Any recommended workshop to go to?
Another problem is rev RPM to ard 4 - 5k with aircon on, the check engine lights will appear, is this normal?
u managed to get loan ?? how much can loan for this car ?