Unanswered topics Active topics

Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:31 am

The daily devotional that is posted here may sometimes brings miracle in your life. May it be the problem you are facing in, the work that you are doing or the problem you are into, these devotional are here to help you. Each of such devotional may create a transformation in your life as long as you practice it with faith. Let Go, Let God!

Beat The Odds With The Favour Of God

Ruth 2:2
So Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, “Please let me go to the field, and glean heads of grain after him in whose sight I may find favour.â€
Last edited by sphinx_lover on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being

Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

What do you think righteousness is about? Something you do or something you are? Right doing or right being?

The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who simply believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience. (Romans 4:5–8) This is new-covenant righteousness — a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you still sin. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise faith to see yourself still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

But the devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:27 am

Right Believing Produces Right Living

Luke 19:8
Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:42 am

‘I Am Who I Am’

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, “I am who I am.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 am

Power From His Body To Yours

Matthew 26:26
“Take, eat; this is My body.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:10 am

Don’t Look To Your Faith, Look To Jesus

Hebrews 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...

If you are sick, you must know that you are already healed because of the finished work of Christ. Don’t ask, “Do I have enough faith to be healed? Do I have the right kind of faith to be healed? What if I am lacking in faith?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:14 am

Redeemed From Every Type Of Sickness

Galatians 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a treeâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 am

Prayers That Proclaim

Luke 13:12
But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:48 am

Covered, Protected, Delivered

Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night.

When the children of Israel were wandering in the desert, God led them by going before them in a pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night.

By day, God spread the pillar of cloud as a covering over His people in the desert to prevent the scorching sun from striking them down. The people were shaded and kept cool. Today, you are also under His covering. He will not allow you to be struck down (Psalm 121:3–8), nor be oppressed by the “heatâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 am

Blessed Is Everything That Comes Forth From You

Deuteronomy 28:4
Blessed shall be the fruit of your body…

The Bible records that Jesus’ spit healed a blind man (Mark 8:23–25), Peter’s shadow healed the sick (Acts 5:15), and handkerchiefs and aprons from Paul’s body drove out evil spirits and diseases. (Acts 19:11–12) This tells us that what comes forth from our bodies can be so blessed that it brings about miracles and blessings to others.

Indeed, God said, “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body…â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 am

Count On God’s Forgiveness

Hebrews 10:2
For the worshippers, once purified, would have had
no more consciousness of sins.

What are you more conscious of today? Your sins or the fact that you have been forgiven? My friend, don’t be conscious of your sins. Be conscious instead of Jesus and His finished work. The Lamb of God has taken away all your sins at the cross, so count on the fact that you are a forgiven child of God!

No matter what has happened or what you have done, God wants you to know that because of His Son’s finished work, He will be merciful to your unrighteousness, and your sins and lawless deeds He will remember no more. (Hebrews 8:12)

That is why you should not be conscious of your sins. In fact, when you are sin-conscious, the devil brings in condemnation, and the more you receive it and condemn yourself, the more you will find yourself unforgiving toward yourself and even others.

I was told by a pastor friend that when a lady, who had cancer on her face, asked for prayer for healing, the Lord revealed to him that it was self-hatred that was keeping her from receiving her healing. She could not forgive herself and was full of self-condemnation.

When she realized her problem, she counted on the fact that God was merciful to her unrighteousness and that she was already forgiven. She received the love of God. Then, right before the pastor’s eyes, her whole face changed — she received her healing that very moment!

Something happens when you believe that you are forgiven. That is why God says to you, “I want you to believe that all your sins I will remember no more. I want you to believe that you are My child enjoying My mercy and that you can always count on My forgiveness.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:46 am

Taught By God Himself

Hebrews 8:11
“None of them shall teach his neighbour, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

As a parent or someone serving in Sunday school, you may think that the children under your care are too young to know the Lord. And you wonder if you are wasting your time reading Bible stories to them or singing hymns over them.

Or you may have been buying Mandarin and Hokkien sermon CDs for your dialect-speaking parents or grandparents, and you wonder if the Bible teachings are too difficult for them to understand.

My friend, don’t underestimate the Holy Spirit. Many elderly folks in our Mandarin and Hokkien services, who first heard about Jesus through the recorded messages given to them by their children, are now born again and attending church regularly. And they are so full of Jesus that they cannot stop talking about Him to their relatives and friends.

Even for a young child like my daughter Jessica, when she was one year old, she would spontaneously raise her hands whenever she heard Christian songs, but not secular ones. My wife Wendy and I had never taught her how to recognise Christian songs. The only explanation we have is that Jessica was taught by the Lord Himself. (Isaiah 54:13)

When Jessica turned two, she surprised us again. Wendy was tucking her in bed one night when Jessica looked at her and said, “Jesus died for Jessica because Jesus loves Jessica.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:23 am

Blessed Wherever You Are

Deuteronomy 28:3
“Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.

You may have heard of people who think that to have better “luckâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 am

What Is On Your Heart?

Hebrews 8:10
“… I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts…â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:36 am

You Matter To God!

John 10:3
… he calls his own sheep by name…

Do you sometimes feel like you are just a face in a crowd or a number in a system? You are identified by your identity card number or passport number. Even when you see the doctor, you are called by your queue number. If you feel depersonalised and dehumanised, that is exactly how the devil wants you to feel — that you do not matter much to anyone, especially to God.

But you do matter to God! He calls you by name. He knows what you are going through and where you are hurting. He sees you and cares for you, just as He cared for the people when He first walked on earth.

My friend, He will do for you what He did for the woman in Samaria. There was a shorter route from Judea to Galilee, but the Bible says that “He needed to go through Samariaâ€