Unanswered topics Active topics

Michelin PS3 reviews/feedback

Need technical advice ?
FurrYellow
4000rpm
4000rpm

Michelin PS3 reviews/feedback

Post by FurrYellow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi bros.. Am thinking of getting the above-mentioned tyres (205.50.16). Appreciate your feedback or reviews if any.

Also, heard feedbacks not to purchase tyres across the causeway due to quality reasons (slightly cheaper of course). Is this true?

DIRT22
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by DIRT22 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi hi,

Been a long time since anyone asked about this tire, don't know why since it is a pretty decent and cost-effective performance tire to have on lowered cars heh heh heh....

I'm actually almost to the halfway mark of the 2-year token-lifespan for tires and my thread depths are still very very healthy, even though my car is used on a daily basis (averaging around 10-15KM a day though!).....on the daily to-and-fro from work and the occasional runs to far east and far north regions of Singapore, I would whup the corners (VERY enthusiastically) and the tires still grip faithfully. Even if I'm a wee bit TOO enthusiastic speedwise, the tires will start to screech softly but they never make me feel like they are losing traction too quickly - if they screech too much I simply have to back off on the throttle and I will know for sure my grip on the road is restored very quickly...

Threadwear is a healthy 320, such high threadwear belies its actual on-road grip and performance aspects. Small sizes are likely made-in-Thailand which has a climate closer to ours, ensuring tire longevity in our humidity and hot/cold transitions in weather.

A few of my friends and colleagues have actually progressively switched to this tire based on my honest recommendations (and in varying sizes from 15 through to 17s) and so far their reviews are GOOD.....

I've been through the field of playing with many types of tires: race, track or road (both on track and on road too) and this is one of the most value-for-money high-performance tires I have used so far.

Not as cheap as normal road tires but as durable as normal road tires (almost!), yet giving you the performance of an overpriced Japanese hi-performance rubber....you won't go wrong with the Pilot Sport 3!
ImageImage

FurrYellow
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by FurrYellow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 am

DIRT22 wrote:Hi hi,

Been a long time since anyone asked about this tire, don't know why since it is a pretty decent and cost-effective performance tire to have on lowered cars heh heh heh....

I'm actually almost to the halfway mark of the 2-year token-lifespan for tires and my thread depths are still very very healthy, even though my car is used on a daily basis (averaging around 10-15KM a day though!).....on the daily to-and-fro from work and the occasional runs to far east and far north regions of Singapore, I would whup the corners (VERY enthusiastically) and the tires still grip faithfully. Even if I'm a wee bit TOO enthusiastic speedwise, the tires will start to screech softly but they never make me feel like they are losing traction too quickly - if they screech too much I simply have to back off on the throttle and I will know for sure my grip on the road is restored very quickly...

Threadwear is a healthy 320, such high threadwear belies its actual on-road grip and performance aspects. Small sizes are likely made-in-Thailand which has a climate closer to ours, ensuring tire longevity in our humidity and hot/cold transitions in weather.

A few of my friends and colleagues have actually progressively switched to this tire based on my honest recommendations (and in varying sizes from 15 through to 17s) and so far their reviews are GOOD.....

I've been through the field of playing with many types of tires: race, track or road (both on track and on road too) and this is one of the most value-for-money high-performance tires I have used so far.

Not as cheap as normal road tires but as durable as normal road tires (almost!), yet giving you the performance of an overpriced Japanese hi-performance rubber....you won't go wrong with the Pilot Sport 3!
Hey thanks for the review. It's very helpful! My faith towards the tyres has definitely increased! I just got it installed for a few days and I should say the "feel" definitely differs a lot compared to the ones previously used.

jfkoh84
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by jfkoh84 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Agree with dirt22 comment on this.
On my second set of ps3 now, but now its noisy after 20k

FurrYellow
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by FurrYellow » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 am

I got mine at 205.50.16 and the new front tyres are hitting against the body (fender I believe). I purposely got a higher profile size so as to enjoy more comfort and probably lesser noise as well, albeit with slight increase in weight. Would fender-rolling help? Heightening my coils (1 1/2 fingers front currently) is not an option as it'll look ugly if it goes any higher. What are your thoughts on this?

funkychicken
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by funkychicken » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 am

Very good grip during wet weather for me n cuts the puddle of water without affecting my steering. One of the best comfort tires ive used but if u love to kup corner, the tire wall bit soft. But not as soft as toyo t1r.

Mach
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Drive

Post by Mach » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:42 pm

With PS3, I drive in the style and pace in both rain or shine...it's gives you confidence to handle the bends without Quattro :roll: