Unanswered topics Active topics

2008 Stream problems. Aircon, engine noise, suspension

Need technical advice ?
murphyslaw

2008 Stream problems. Aircon, engine noise, suspension

Post by murphyslaw » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Honda Stream with abt 110k on the clock.

The aircon works sometimes, most times it blows hot air (Fan is working fine). Notice this especially if the weather is hot. Apart from that no other event seems to trigger it. Seems to work fine if not so hot weather.
Also, sometimes if I switch off and leave for a minute, then switch back on it will be cold for a while then back to blowing hot!
Any ideas on what's wrong and how or where to get it fixed and what the prices is like?

And completely separate from the above (Aircon like this for 8-10 months already)

Last 1 month or so there is a soft whirring noise coming from the engine, I notice this at lower speed, not sure if also at higher speed as the road noise is enough to drown it out.
It's a different noise from the engine, so there is two noises, the normal engine noise and this strange whirring noise on top. It's not very loud but I notice it.
It increases in speed with the engine.

And another issue...
Going over road bumps I get a knocking sound, only from the right rear wheel area. Is it suspension or what?

The car been regularly serviced at Honda all these years, any ideas?

Thanks!

murphyslaw

Re: 2008 Stream problems. Aircon, engine noise, suspension

Post by murphyslaw » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 pm

I figured out where the engine noise is coming from, it's the alternator (See photo)
No battery warning lights and all electrics seem to be working fine, battery seemd strong...
Any ideas what to do about it?

tengadrian65

Re: 2008 Stream problems. Aircon, engine noise, suspension

Post by tengadrian65 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Aircon prob

Go skm take out washer settle

Over hump
Check steering rack

Engine sound
Not sure